They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Hi, from Paz

A place to introduce and tell a little about yourself.

Re: Hi, from Paz

Postby _Paz_ » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:43 pm

Thanks, Vernon.

How did he learn?

I've never thought to ask him. He does recommend that people who want to get started begin with a guitar kit. He makes a lot of his own tools. He has taken classes from master guitar builders and gives lessons now himself.

He has tried many things and is usually successful. He did fine woodworking for a while. He has done very well at Chinese Brush Painting. He's done metal working too. He's very tall. When he couldn't find a set of golf clubs he liked, he made some for himself that I couldn't distinguish from being factory made except there was no logo.

more of his work:

http://www.studioboone.com
Lenovo W70l; 1.6 GHz, i7 quad core, Win 7, 64 bit, 16 gigs DDR-3 RAM; NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800; Two 1T 7200 internal drives; BluRay burner
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Peru » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:27 pm

A lot of talent there.
Peru

Postby momoffduty » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:22 pm

Wow, he is very talented.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Uncle Ben » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:14 am

Hi, Patrice. I find your story inspiring. I too retired early, reluctantly, after suffering two strokes, two years apart.

Fortunately, because I was otherwise in relative good health, I recovered fully from both episodes. I filled my time with a number of things, including volunteering, learning how to play the harmonica, piano and the guitar. I don't think you'd want to hear me play on any of these instruments for more than a few seconds ... But I did well, and continue to do so, with volunteering. I have served on boards of a number of local charities, and have had my hands in the sauce at the Food Bank for a while. I also tried book writing ... but that endearvour came to a screeching halt after reading a few books on how to get started. Admittedly, artistic creativity has never been one of my strong points, so the odds are that this won't get any better as I get older.

Notwithstanding, home video production has now captured my interest; and this is one hobby that I am likely to adopt permanently.
Uncle Ben

Postby _Paz_ » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:01 pm

>>talented
Yes, he is. I'm very proud of him. Thanks

Ben,

I'm glad to hear you've fully recovered and are doing well. That's great!

I know what you mean about those 'how to get started' how to write books. I was doing better before I ever picked up one of them! lol

I can only stress my right arm just so much. Typing more than 4 or 5 pages causes my right arm and hand to swell. When my hand is swollen I can't hold a pencil to write my name. It takes days of physical therapy to reduce the swelling, so I have to be careful.

So I tried voice recognition technology and learned a thing or two about tomAto vs toMAHto and the American South vs the rest of the world. (As in : The dawg followed the wild hawg into the woods.) Besides, meds I take twice a day to keep breathing irritate my vocal cords and I can't talk for long at the time either.

I did a lot of volunteer work in my younger days. I just can't do it anymore. Unfortunately, I don't expect to ever recover. I've spent most of the last 10 years in bed. I had to quit portrait painting. I used to stand at the easel 4 to 6 hours a day, working in intense concentration. Now I can stand- walk about 30 minutes at the time, say to go grocery shopping, and then I'm in bed for the rest of the day. My two photography equipment trunks weighed 40 pounds each. Now I'm not supposed to pick up over 5 pounds with my right hand for the rest of my life.

I tried general (not professional) photography as a creative outlet. It's great fun, but I can no longer hold my cameras reliably steady. 75% of my shots were out of focus. (I have recently purchased a vibration controlled lens that is really helping - and the anti-shake settings on camcorders help a lot too.)

So, the transition from huge paintings at the easel to small ones, laying flat, with my arm resting, is my current attempt to do something worthwhile and I have the pleasure of learning to paint a whole new way. But, I figure I'll never be truly productive. I can't make a living at it, that's for sure. Still, I do have a lifetime of experience. If I can share that knowledge with others, that will be a good endeavor and a worthwhile challenge.
Lenovo W70l; 1.6 GHz, i7 quad core, Win 7, 64 bit, 16 gigs DDR-3 RAM; NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800; Two 1T 7200 internal drives; BluRay burner
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Peru » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:10 pm

_Paz_ wrote: Still, I do have a lifetime of experience. If I can share that knowledge with others, that will be a good endeavor and a worthwhile challenge.

That's a wonderful attitude. :)
Peru

Previous

Return to Introductions