They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Create Output Captions

Standard, Gold & Producer. Talk with our experts about this great slideshow creating software.

Create Output Captions

Postby Walter Seaton » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:54 pm

I have made many shows using my ProShow Producer 4 without problems. I have been away from it for a while and am now having a problem with captions in the Create Output menu. I have no problem entering the captions, but they will appear anywhere on the screen and can not be moved by dragging or using the position fields. Also, although I have set the alignment to Center, the caption is anywhere but center. By comparison, when I use the Captions tab under Slide Options I have no problem controlling the position of any caption (which of course does not help me in the Create Output Menu).

Any suggestion of what I might be doing wrong in the Create Output menu?

Thank you.
3.70 gigahertz Intel 6-Core i7-8700K; Windows10PRO 64 bit; Board: ROG STRIX Z370-G ; 16MB RAM; Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX1050Ti ; 2 ViewSonic VP2365 Monitors; 2 internal SSDs 1TB each; 3 HDs: 2x2TB and 1x3TB; Camera Panasonic PV-DV953D; Sound Files .wav.
Walter Seaton
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Create Output Captions

Postby VernonRobinson » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:51 pm

Walter,
What version of ProShow are you currently using?

The coordinates for captions are different than the coordinates for pictures. Please advise.

-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Walter Seaton » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:22 pm

Version 4.0.2549
3.70 gigahertz Intel 6-Core i7-8700K; Windows10PRO 64 bit; Board: ROG STRIX Z370-G ; 16MB RAM; Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX1050Ti ; 2 ViewSonic VP2365 Monitors; 2 internal SSDs 1TB each; 3 HDs: 2x2TB and 1x3TB; Camera Panasonic PV-DV953D; Sound Files .wav.
Walter Seaton
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Walter Seaton » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:17 am

Hi Vernon, You may have missed my above reply because it is so short. Looking forwrd to your help on this.
Walter Seaton
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby VernonRobinson » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:20 pm

Walter,
Sorry about the slow response. I did see your earlier response. I currently do not have version 4 loaded on my machine. Give me a few moments to load and I will try and recreate the issue you are seeing.

However, sometime ProShow will get some corruption, so I recommend that you try the following in the short term.

1. Lets try deleting the shows cache file. This cache file will have the same file name as your slide show's .PSH file, and will be saved in the same location as well. For instance, if you have "thisshow.psh" then you will have also have, in the same folder, a "thisshow.pxc". Delete the .PXC file, but do NOT delete your .PSH file. ProShow will recreate the cache file when you load the show the next time. The quickest way to find this .PXC file is to close your show, then click on "File" > "Open", and in the "Open" dialog, change the "Files of type" from "Proshow Files" to "All files". Find this .PXC file and delete it. Next, open the show and wait for it to completely load which will regenerate that .PXC file.

If that didn't help, lets try deleting the programs cache files...

1) Right-Click the icon you usually use to launch the application.
2) Click "Properties".
3) Look for a button called “Find Target…” or “Open File Location” which takes you to the program files.
4) Please locate a file in this window called "proshow.phd" and delete it. Do the same for "proshow.cfg"
5) Restart ProShow. It will recreate these files on restart. Then try again.

Do those two things and let me know what happens. Also, ProShow gets a little bit confused if the show is stored on an external drive. If the show is on an external drive, use the "Collect Files" feature to move the show to an internal hard drive. If you are already using an internal hard drive, then ignore this last piece of advice.

Regards,
-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Walter Seaton » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:23 am

Hi Vern, Believe it or not I got completely side-tracked by other projects (very unusual for me) and I finally got back to the above problem a year and a month later. I followed your advice and removed the .PXC file and my problem was solved.

Very many thanks for your indispensable help - I will not take so long to apply your recommendations next time I might need your assistance.
Walter Seaton
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby VernonRobinson » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:35 am

You are welcome. Glad you were able to sort it out. However, you might want to take a look at Version 5. A lot of new features. It also has improved stability. The interface is different, so don't wait to start on a new project with a tight deadline. While not 3d, the tilt capability is worth the cost of upgrade in my opinion. No, I do not work for Photodex, just passing along my own opinions based upon being a satisfied user.

Regards,
-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to ProShow Series Software