They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

I should have seen this first...

A place to introduce and tell a little about yourself.

I should have seen this first...

Postby Peru » Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:38 pm

I'm sorry I didn't post here before asking for help twice in the PE3 forum. I just stumbled upon a reference to this section while browsing other posts.

This is the first forum I joined and was attracted to it because of the quick and helpful responses that I have read, especially from Chuck and Steve.

It's not likely that I will be able to offer advice to anybody soon as I am still on "the learning curve", but am looking forward to the day (if it ever comes) that I can be as generous with assistance as you folks! :)
Peru

Re: I should have seen this first...

Postby Chuck Engels » Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:47 pm

The Introductions are not mandatory, but it is nice when people introduce themselves.

Welcome Peru, glad to have you as part of our every increasing group. There are a whole lot of very knowledgeable and helpful people here.
You would be surprised at how much you can learn in a very short time, you will be helping others before you know it.

Once again, happy to have you here!
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:43 pm

Welcome aboard, Peru!

We'd love to know more about you. Where do you live, what kinds of things are going on in your life and how do you use your video?
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Peru » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:23 pm

Steve,

My wife and I own a small, independent retail hardware (like nuts and bolts, not hard drives) and appliance store in a rural NY town (popp. 2500) about an hour south of Montreal. I work 55-75 hours a week, so I don't have as much time to "play" with video as much as I'd like. My main focus is to document and archive our family history, as well as preserve our daughter's (she is now 11) activities, providing I don't screw up the camera work! I've found that you can't take video the same way as stills: Just shoot alot of everything and keep the ones you like. You have to have something good to work with. And that's why I'm learning something on on every project I create.
Peru

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:04 pm

Looking forward to seeing some of your work some time, Peru! It sounds like you enjoy working with the same types of subject matter as I do.

But, man, I do admit that I'm amazed to hear anyone who runs their own business ever has time for a hobby!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Introductions