They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Ready to rebuild!

Talk about computer software/hardware problems, related to digital video or otherwise.

Ready to rebuild!

Postby Clayton » Tue May 08, 2012 5:32 pm

I continue to experience computer problems that are all over the board. As in other thread I have freezing experiences. I have experimented with removing/installing memory, disconnecting/connecting drives (I have 6). I was living with this, but now PPro is giving all kinds of problems. When I start it up the source monitor doesn't show anything, and when I try to close a project, I get the "not responding". AE crashes repeatedly, PS is erratic. I have reinstalled all software. It is not only the Adobe software, others have acted funny. So I have decided to install new motherboard, CPU, graphics card, memory, and maybe raise my power from 850 to 1000w. I plan to reuse my coolermaster stacker, and present drives. Is there a list of the latest reccomendations posted somewhere on the forum. If not all suggestions welcomed. I am not looking to go the cheapest route. This last system served well for 4 years and I hope to get more. One thing I would like to consider is a MB that has at least 8 sata connections, but not necessary. Please help. :pull:
Clayton
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Ready to rebuild!

Postby Clayton » Mon May 14, 2012 4:51 pm

Does no one have any suggestions? I have decided on a graphics card and will start there.
Clayton
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Bob » Mon May 14, 2012 5:51 pm

Jack Falbey has posted some configurations.

Do you know which cpu you want?
Bob

Postby Clayton » Mon May 14, 2012 6:32 pm

I thought someone had but couldn't find the list. Can you direct me there Bob. As for CPU, I haven't even thought about them for 4 years. I have to learn all over what is the latest products.

I found the list!
Clayton
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Clayton » Tue May 15, 2012 10:36 am

Clayton
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to Computer Issues