They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Anyone using Magix Sound Cleaning Lab?

Talk about anything audio here. From video narration to podcasting, MP3s to MP4s - whatever your flavor, this is the place.

Re: Anyone using Magix Sound Cleaning Lab?

Postby Gerlinde » Tue May 03, 2011 3:21 pm

Robert, I have to thank you again for your awesome video tutorial on how to use the program. I was finally able to remove most of the wind noise in one of my videos. Cutting around the most offending noise and manipulating the sliders worked. But then later on I noticed, that the settings also were applied to the rest of the sound track ( outside the cutting area ). Can that be right?
The remaining sound takes quite a hit after removing the wind noise, but I thing this has to be expected. I was trying to use > Enhance to maybe get some of the volume back, but that did not work. I have to play some more with all the options and see if there is something that can be done about that.

Here is the "before"
http://muvipix.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10302/Original.wav

and the "after"
http://muvipix.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10302/Wind_removed.wav
A) i7-3930K 3.2GHz (3.8GHz Turbo), 32GB DDR3-1600, SSD 256GB, 2x1TB+2x2TB Seagate Barracuda (72krpm), Geforce GTX 550 Ti (1GB), Win10 Pro 64-bit
B) Sony Vaio i7-3632QM,12gb DDR3-1333MHz, GeForce® GT 640M LE (2GB), 750GB (7200rpm), Win10 Pro64-bit
Gerlinde

Postby RJ Johnston » Tue May 03, 2011 5:17 pm

The cleaning will apply to the whole thing unless you first split what you want to clean, then click on the small "Object FX" icon with the cogwheel at the bottom of the clip that you split. That will pop up another complete set of cleaning tools. Then you use those tools to clean the split clip. You have to be careful otherwise you could have cleaning at the global level and cleaning again at the object level.

One thing that Magix doesn't do is change the waveform to reflect the changes you're making. I remember seeing a command to write out to a wav file what you have done up to that point, after which the waveform is redrawn. It's in the Edit menu, "Apply all real-time effects."

On the wind cleaning control, there is a Gain knob on the right-hand side that you can adjust that will bring up the volume to the original level.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Gerlinde » Tue May 03, 2011 6:14 pm

Thank you for the clarification, Robert. The first time I tried it, it did not apply the settings to the whole track. I followed your directions and clicked on the object FX button. As I did it yesterday, I clicked on the general Tab for >Remove, that explains why it applied the settings to everything.
I will check on the Gain knob and see if that helps with the volume. But anyway, I think the program works very well after all and it wasn't a complete waste of my money :-D

Magix has a training book and video on their website for MEP. Do you have any of those by any chance and could you tell me if they are worth buying?

http://www.magix.com/us/books-dvds/
A) i7-3930K 3.2GHz (3.8GHz Turbo), 32GB DDR3-1600, SSD 256GB, 2x1TB+2x2TB Seagate Barracuda (72krpm), Geforce GTX 550 Ti (1GB), Win10 Pro 64-bit
B) Sony Vaio i7-3632QM,12gb DDR3-1333MHz, GeForce® GT 640M LE (2GB), 750GB (7200rpm), Win10 Pro64-bit
Gerlinde

Postby RJ Johnston » Wed May 04, 2011 12:43 am

No, I don't have any books. Sorry.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Previous

Return to Editing / Conversion / Formats