They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Fantamorph Deluxe v5

Other Video editors/authors that assist in video production.

Fantamorph Deluxe v5

Postby momoffduty » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:06 pm

Edited 06.07.13

Using the new Fantamorph Deluxe v5 and PS CS5, I was able to create 2 morph projects in 1/2 day versus many, many hours/days. This one was for testing out the program:

[wmvvideo]http://muvipix.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10053/CJmorph.wmv[/wmvvideo]

How to using PS. If I remember correctly Rusty (Russ) wrote a how to for PSE. Can't find the thread.

Fantamorph & PS CS5

Photoshop CS5

Create a new psd file 1024x768

Add photos from Bridge: File>Place>PS

Name each layer: kg, 1, 2, 3 (for the grades/or age) and kg is the top layer to keep the export later in order.

Create guides: Horizontal line through the eyes, top of head, under chin
Vertical line on bridge of nose

Line up photos using the guidelines

Work on one photo at a time (turn off eye on the other layers) and use the Quick selection tool or the lasso.

Add mask

Clean up mask with the brush tool if needed

Mask panel click on Mask Edge and in its UI panel check smart mask and adjust sliders to taste. I saved mine and kept the same settings for the remaining photos.

Export the layers as new files. Export>Scripts>Export Layers to Files (psd)

In Bridge, batch rename to Text & #

Fantamorph Deluxe v5

Create a new Project

Choose Sequence Morph

Add first 2 images ONLY! (tip from Jamal any green dots placed on image 2 will carry forward when adding the remaining images one by one)

Set Movies size 1024x768 (default is your psd size) and duration leave at default for now, can change later.

Face Locator click on each face of the first 2 photos brought into Fantamorph and adjust as needed -APPLY ALL

Add green dots to the outside of image as usual on 1st photo and adjust their corresponding dots on the 2nd photo in the first sequence. Add dots to the neckline and hair. For girls this will make their hair styles change. Not shown in the video posted below.

From the top bar select Sequence>Add sequence and Image>Add image. Move the photos around in the sequence panel on the right side of the user interface. The new image will be on the left side of the pair. Move to the right and grab the photo from the above panel right side and drag to the new sequence left side.

The dots that were on the 2nd photo in sequence 1 are now on its photo in the 2nd sequence. If the wizard was used in setting this up and all of the photos were added, the dots on the outside of the image that you placed would not be there on the new sequence. In Deluxe I didn't need to set up the wizard
(Thanks Jamal/Wheat King very good tip!)

From the top bar Add Ins>Face Locator to bring up the new image in the face locator UI panel and check the dots locations and adjust as needed. APPLY ONE

Repeat adding sequences and images one by one until done. Adjusting the dots on the outside of images as needed or adding more.

In the bottom panel that shows the output, on the left side click on Change Sequence Length. If you prefer a continuous morph, leave at the default.

To have a pause on each photo:
Morph Frames 15
Stay on image 1 7
Stay on image 2 7
Check Boxes: SET TO ALL

If you want a pause at the very first and last photos, select the sequences in the sequence panel and adjust each one accordingly. You would also have to change each sequences frames since the Apply All doesn't apply now. I did a time-remap for the first and last photo in AE.

In the bottom panel on the right side, click on the Export Movie icon. In its UI panel, select the desired file to export. I used AVI with 32-Bit AVI checked to retain the transparency, No to Reverse Frames, and checked to use Hardware Acceleration.

SAVE PROJECT

For additional info, read the older Fantamorph thread with 4 pages of useful info:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2273&hilit=fantamorph
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Re: Fantamorph Deluxe v5

Postby Paul LS » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:36 pm

Great Cheryl, I have some morphing I have to do shortly... never donw any before. This will be a great help.
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby momoffduty » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:07 pm

You are welcome Paul. Forgot to add the photo of the guide. The guide was set up for the oldest photo. This younger photo I had the head slightly smaller:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Bob » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:34 pm

When you add the new sequence and photo as described, all the dots do get carried over. The facial dots on the 1st photo in the second sequence are added to the 2nd photo in that sequence but they are not aligned with the 2nd photo face, they are in the exact same position as in the 1st photo in the sequence. If the two faces are close in position and size, there may not be much adjustment needed. More than likely, many dots will need to be adjusted. Instead of manually moving them on the photo, I find it much faster to use the face locator again. Within the Face Locator, select the thumbnail corresponding to the new photo and adjust the dots as needed. Save using the "Apply All" button. All the facial dot correspondences will be preserved correctly and the extra dots you added will not be affected.
Bob

Postby momoffduty » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:40 pm

Bob, I didn't see that happening on the photos. The facial dots for the new photo were in the correct position of that photo. Maybe this was due to the alignment in photoshop? Out of 13 photos, there was only one facial dots on the eye brows that were incorrect probably due to the bangs. I will definitely watch for this though, thanks.
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Postby Bob » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:05 pm

Yes, the alignment helped, but you also used the Face Locator again with Apply All and that reset the correspondences. I was rushing to get through the new posts and go somewhere and didn't make it clear that I was just attempting to make a clarification as to why you would want to use the Face Locator again in case it wasn't clear to someone.
Bob

Postby Bob » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:55 pm

Thought it would help if I posted an example. I deliberately chose unaligned photos to make what's happening more obvious. This is the second sequence. The top half is after the creation of the new sequence. The image of Chuck on the left is carried over from the first sequence where it was the 2nd photo. The image of Steve has just been added. Notice the dots correspond to those on Chuck's photo and are not aligned with Steve. The bottom half is after Face locator was used on the image of Steve and Apply All was clicked. Notice that now the facial dots align with Steve. The other dots for the shoulders etc. have not been touched and need to be manually aligned. Does that help make it clearer?

morph.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bob

Postby momoffduty » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:18 pm

Thanks Bob, a very good example. When I added the next seq & image I only adjusted the outside dots and then when I was finished touched up the facial when I ran the face locator again on all of the photos. The second morph I am working on for a client, the poses are a bigger difference....left side forward then the right side forward....this makes for more of dramatic morph. And adding dots to the hair line & length make for a better morph too.
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Postby rusty » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:47 pm

Cool Cheryl, I'll definitely be trying out V.5 Deluxe.

Here is the post I put up regarding cutting out objects for use in a morph using PSE7:

http://muvipix.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=7569&p=67770#p67770
Russ
rusty
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby momoffduty » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:55 pm

Thanks Russ for finding the article! I searched and searched and thought my memory was going. Very good article Russ.
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Postby rusty » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:58 pm

Thanks Cheryl!
Russ
rusty
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby VernonRobinson » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:11 pm

Bookmarked for later use. Thanks a lot for the great tips.

-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to Video Editors