They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

ProShow vs Premiere for slideshows

Standard, Gold & Producer. Talk with our experts about this great slideshow creating software.

Re: ProShow vs Premiere for slideshows

Postby VernonRobinson » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:29 pm

Henry111 wrote:Vernon, how do I say thank you? I cannot count the ways.
I mean, like I got it.
My head has stopped spinning those questions.
I hope that someday I will have sufficient knowledge that I do will be helpful to some other newbie like me.
By the way, I just completed my first slideshow and uploaded it to photodex. I am not sure I am allowed to post the link, but I'll give it a shot.
Criticisms from anyone will be sincerely appreciated.
http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 7674&alb=0

Henry,
See my critique on the Enthusiasts forum.

For those who may watch Henry's show and are not part of the Enthusiast forum, I will repost part of it here.

1. I would put where else to view the show at the end. In this way people can visit at their leisure.

2. I would break the long captions into shorter ones. Each paragraph being a little larger and each projected slowly over multiple slides added to the time line.

I would do something like put a shot of the ship taking one half of the screen and the caption on the right half. Then use 3 slides to show the entire cpations.

3. I am not sure what Pravado is, but Bravado I understand.

4.The shot of the child and the caption. I would zoom the slide of the child, but not so large as to interfere with the caption area. Hard to read the caption with part of it in black and part of it overlapping the picture. Just move the picture a little more left and use a smidge less zoom.

5. Picture of the boy with the caption underneath. You had been using captions to the left. I would probably stay with it. Also, the caption is being overlapped by the picture.

6. Slides of the boy and father also of the Pirate. It is ok to have the picture come on the screen and not be in constant motion. In this case I think it would add strength and also allow people to read the captions.

7. Fort Pirates/Jolly Roger. The text flies in from off screen making it hard to read. If you do this then consider a movement from Right to Left instead of what you have from Left to right. Makes it easier to read. I would recommend just putting the caption in place. No fly in.

8. Pirate Garret slide. I would change the volume so that the canon blast does not cause the volume to dip. In Slide/Slide Options/Sounds/Sound Effets - Set the "override soundtrack during this slide" to (100%). I would also adjust the fade in/out to make the sound a little less abrupt. Maybe 0.3 seconds.

9. Use the "Copy Start To End" to prevent your pictures from jumping at the end of the zoom. For example, order to sink the Dirigio and the cute lady pirate.

10 Spelling, Spelling, Spelling. Remember, this is representing you to your clients. eg. wreaking havoc, Honchos,

-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:52 am

Excellent critique Vernon.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby VernonRobinson » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:13 am

Chuck,
Thanks. Now I am being kidded about being the spelling police. Who da thunk it? :)
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Bob D » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:46 pm

Don't worry, I think Monitor is misspelled in the beginning too.

Bob
Gateway DX4860 i5-2300 2.80GHz; 6GB Ram; Windows 7 Home 64-bit; 1.5 TB C-Drive, 150G F-Drive(video)
Bob D
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:51 am

It is so easy to overlook spelling errors, typos, bad grammar, repeated words etc in one's own work, the moreso when edits and re-edits have been made as the text is 'honed and polished'.

It is always better to have someone proof-read (IMHO) :???: (in my case, Mrs Twosheds!)
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby Henry111 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:16 pm

Vernon, all of the changes that you suggested have been made, especially the spelling.
Your advice led to a much, much improved slideshow, one that now even I am proud of, so much so that
I put it on YouTube. At YouTube a search for "Belmont Pirates" will lead to it.
Thank you so much.
And Vernon, as for your being kidded about being a spelling policeman? Keep the faith!
Henry111

Postby VernonRobinson » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:47 pm

Henry,
Glad we could be of some assistance. As Steve Grisetti once told me, "tell your story boldly".

Regards,
-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:19 am

:-D
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator