They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Hello

A place to introduce and tell a little about yourself.

Re: Hello

Postby momoffduty » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:46 am

Bobby wrote:You should submit those comments to the Smithsonian as prime example of today's culture - i.e. dumb, dumber, phenomenally dumb.

You got that right! I had several files on YouTube and in 2 years only 1 idiot comment. About a week after he posted it, noticed that all of his files were disabled by YouTube....karma?
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby ed » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:52 am

After seeing this, there's no way I can trust what he has to say about the dogs in other cities.

You should film an NYC dog next chuck, and cross promote it from this video :lol:
ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby ed » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:56 am

...and make sure to wear a Red Sox jersey while filming it.
ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:02 pm

Good idea Ed, I think either Red Sox or Braves jerseys would work pretty well :)
Maybe wear a Red Sox cap and a Braves jersey :yh:
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby karri » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:05 am

momoffduty wrote:Welcome Karri to Muvipix! If you liked Steve's Tuna ad then you might want to check out Chuck's hotdog video...where is that link?

Thanks Cheryl! I checked out Chuck's Hot Dog parody lol Then I followed the links to your youtube page ~ Nice combination motion background clips and method description. I want to use a track matte in this project I'm working on, but haven't figured it out yet. I'm going to follow your steps and give it a try, thanks :TU:
karri
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby momoffduty » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:36 am

karri wrote:Thanks Cheryl! I checked out Chuck's Hot Dog parody lol Then I followed the links to your youtube page ~ Nice combination motion background clips and method description. I want to use a track matte in this project I'm working on, but haven't figured it out yet. I'm going to follow your steps and give it a try, thanks :TU:

Karri, changing up the order of 2 motion backgrounds will give you different looks. Also changing the color of the matte. The possibilities are endless.....lots of motion backgrounds here to choose from. :-D
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby karri » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:51 am

momoffduty wrote:
karri wrote:... your youtube page ~ Nice combination motion background clips and method description. I want to use a track matte in this project I'm working on, but haven't figured it out yet. I'm going to follow your steps and give it a try, thanks :TU:

Karri, changing up the order of 2 motion backgrounds will give you different looks. Also changing the color of the matte. The possibilities are endless.....lots of motion backgrounds here to choose from. :-D

Cheryl what I actually want to do is cut out the background of a video with a lady speaking so that only the lady is visible and then behind her, show the contents of another track. I know it's not exactly what you are doing, but your method seems a good (straight forward) explanation of how to link the tracks. Hope this makes sense lol Thanks :)
karri
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby momoffduty » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:07 pm

Karri, can't really cut out a person unless they were filmed in front of a green screen. You could use one of garbage mattes (4, 8, or 16 points) and keyframe as the person moves. Or..create a white oval mask in the titler and as follows:

Track 1: background video
Track 2: Lady speaking w/track matte applied pointing at track 3
Track 3: White oval mask.

By adding a gaussian blur to the white mask, about 20 or so blur, will soften the area around the person speaking.

Since you have Pro, check out the tutorials at Wiki

http://premierepro.wikia.com/wiki/Category:CS3

The tutorials here are very good too even tho they may be for PrEl, most of the tasks are the same.

There is a difference matte in Pro, tried it and could not get the look I wanted. A good book is Premiere Pro Bible for which ever version you have.

Hope this helps. :)
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Postby karri » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:34 am

momoffduty wrote:Karri, can't really cut out a person unless they were filmed in front of a green screen. You could use one of garbage mattes (4, 8, or 16 points) and keyframe as the person moves. Or..create a white oval mask in the titler and as follows:

Track 1: background video
Track 2: Lady speaking w/track matte applied pointing at track 3
Track 3: White oval mask.

By adding a gaussian blur to the white mask, about 20 or so blur, will soften the area around the person speaking.

Since you have Pro, check out the tutorials at Wiki

http://premierepro.wikia.com/wiki/Category:CS3

The tutorials here are very good too even tho they may be for PrEl, most of the tasks are the same.

There is a difference matte in Pro, tried it and could not get the look I wanted. A good book is Premiere Pro Bible for which ever version you have.

Hope this helps. :)

Cheryl thanks, excellent tips! I'll try these out. And thanks for the link to the tutorials, a lot of info there.
Thanks! :)
karri
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Previous

Return to Introductions