They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Hi from Canada

A place to introduce and tell a little about yourself.

Hi from Canada

Postby charlotte » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:29 am

Hi everyone. Greetings from Canada. I'm so glad I found your group. I just got my copy of photoshop elements/premeire elements 7 yesterday-I can hardly wait to get started. I had to go to several stores but I did get it. I was also at the book store looking for a few of the books I had seen talked about here on the internet. It seems I found tons of books on photoshop but not premeire elements. I did buy one book after I looked through many. My opinion,for me, the easiest one was "teach yourself visually-adobe photoshop elements 7". Second runner up was the "adobe classroom in a book". The reason I bought the "visually" one is the big bright pics, easy to find subject help, and the ease of 1, 2, 3 steps. And that is only from skimming through it and pointing out all the cool things I can learn and we can do with photoshop elements to my 9 year old daughter. I did not find any books on photoshop and premeire together--but with all the wealth of info on this site as well as Adobe's I'm looking forward to learning and creating some awesome pics.

I have many questions before I get started--these are some items I purchased recently and not sure in which order to do them.
Maybe someone here can help me figure it out.
1. I have a 500GB external hard drive (not installed yet) I wanted one place to put all my pics and video-outside of the computer

2. Adobe photoshop elements premeire elements 7-(not installed yet) I have tons of mini DVD's (I took) I would like to make home movies.

3. VHS to DVD software-I have a gazillion VHS tapes with many different shows on them that I would like to get organized-as to be easy to find a show I'd like to watch.

If someone could give me some pointers I would much appreciate it.

Thanks so much in advance-I'm looking forward to learning and getting to know you.

Charlotte
charlotte
New User
New User

Re: Hi from Canada

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:34 am

Hi Charlotte,
Same name as my Mom :)

Glad to have you here, welcome to the community :meet:

1. The external drive is a great idea, glad you have that to store all of your stuff.
2. Go ahead and install the software so we can resolve any problems you may have during the installation.
3. My recommendation is to purchase the ADS Pyro A/V Link, that will make the transfer of VHS tapes as easy as possible.

I'm sure there will be others along soon with more comments and welcomes :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:43 am

Hello Charlotte. Have no doubt, you'll like it here in Muvipix. :-D
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:15 pm

Welcome to Muvipix, Charlotte! This is a great little community.

And we even offer our own guide to Premiere Elements 7, if you're interested.

You can find it at the Muvipix store.
http://muvipix.com/products.php

And, if it's not available in Canada, I'll be glad to ship you a copy personally, if you're interested -- if you don't mind picking up the $4 or so shipping.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:17 pm

............and don't forget the '...in a Snap' book!
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby momoffduty » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:13 pm

Welcome Charlotte to Muvipix! You found the right place to get all of your questions answered. I started from scratch 2 years ago and highly recommend the Premiere Elements 2 in a Snap book in addition to Steve's lasted book on Version 7. The best thing about the Snap book is that you can skip around to accomplish a certain task. There are also tutorials in the products section and don't worry which version that they were made in, things are pretty much the same in all versions. The tutorials pretty much cover all of the basics to get you started and even some advance stuff.

Again, Welcome and jump right in with any questions. :meet:
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Wheat King » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:24 pm

Welcome to Muvipix! I'm fellow Canuck in Ottawa... Great to see you enthusiasm. If you run into any problems with set up or installation you'll get helpful responses from this great little community.
_| /-\ /\/\ /-\ |_
Wheat King
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Ron » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:29 pm

img0332
Regards,
-Ron

Dell, Win10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.4GhHz, 8GB ram. 64-bit
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JohnnyO » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:21 pm

Greetings! And welcome to muvipix.com
JohnnyO
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Kerrie » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:49 pm

Welcome Charlotte!

Not a day goes by that I am not on this site checking out what is new to learn (though I don't always sign in! :oops: ). The "In a Snap" and "Muvipix Guide to 7" are in my opinion must haves....I always have them with me when I get a chance to read.

Some of the best things I have learned have just been from all the Muvipix friends here that are so kind to share their projects and explain their tricks!

You are going to love it here! :)
Kerrie

Dell Vostro Laptop; 2.2 GHz, core 2 duo, 2 gig ram, 2x160 gig 7200 rpm HDs
Kerrie
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to Introductions