They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Hi

A place to introduce and tell a little about yourself.

Hi

Postby kr236rk » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:44 am

Hello,

am a new Adobe user - migrated to Adobe Premiere Elements 3 because it will (hopefully) allow me to use Granite Bay plug-in filters for my animation/time-lapse experiments

http://www.gbtimelapse.com/Default.aspx

and interested to hear from other Adobe users who have worked with or have opinions on GB filters, please?

Other dv edit software i have ysed is Pinnacle 9, Roxio Buzz, MovieMaker, Nero6, iMovie; have also experimented with the Sorenson5 trial version

nice to find this forum!

Ric
kr236rk
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Hi

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:10 pm

Welcome aboard, Ric!

You're going to find a lot of helpful people here with a wide variety of experience. Glad to have you at Muvipix!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby kr236rk » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:43 pm

Steve Grisetti wrote:Welcome aboard, Ric!

You're going to find a lot of helpful people here with a wide variety of experience. Glad to have you at Muvipix!

thanks Steve :)

am impressed with the layout of Adobe Premiere Elements 3 - it seems to offer more in the way of multiple tracks as well, and i'm quite into adding soundtracks to movies. looking forward to starting a new edit project in this software ;)

bests

Ric
kr236rk
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:49 pm

Welcome, I'm sure you will have a great time with Premiere Elements.
Many of us have used the software since version 1 and enjoy it very much.

We have tested as many as 104 tracks of video and audio with no issues, the number of tracks are supposedly unlimited.

Not sure if anyone is using that filter, but if you let us know what you are using it for we may be able to help you.
Premiere Elements has some great effects of its own so you may not even need it, you would be amazed at the tricks you will find out about from the members here. There isn't much you can't do with this software, take a look in the Gallery if you have a chance, lots there to see :)

There are free tutorials and tips on the Products page also, be sure to stop there and check them out too :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Bob » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:56 pm

Welcome Ric!

I haven't used the GB filters -- not into time lapse at this time. But, they do look interesting. I don't have a canon camera, but the DBDeflicker plugin looks like it would be very useful. Something to keep in mind should I decide to do time lapse or stop motion.
Bob

Postby kr236rk » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:01 pm

Chuck Engels wrote:Welcome, I'm sure you will have a great time with Premiere Elements.
Many of us have used the software since version 1 and enjoy it very much.

We have tested as many as 104 tracks of video and audio with no issues, the number of tracks are supposedly unlimited.

Not sure if anyone is using that filter, but if you let us know what you are using it for we may be able to help you.
Premiere Elements has some great effects of its own so you may not even need it, you would be amazed at the tricks you will find out about from the members here. There isn't much you can't do with this software, take a look in the Gallery if you have a chance, lots there to see :)

There are free tutorials and tips on the Products page also, be sure to stop there and check them out too :)

hi Chuck,

came here by way of the Yahoo Abobe group ;)

there are 3 reasons i'd like to try the deflicker filter ~ to experiment with (analogue-to-capture):

time-lapse animation

time-lapse filming

film transfer

all of which are subject to 'flicker' but for different reasons; there is indeed an 'anti-flicker' application on Adobe 3 but i think it's more intended for photo-stills slides than 'movie' imagery; by good fortune i do have an excellent [manual exposure] dv Canon MV803i cam, but for that sort of time-lapse i would use an analogue ciné camera, so there wouldn't be an issue; straight film-dv transfer i can (just about) handle by synch-ing projector to cam shutter speed, but it would be nice to see what that filter could do as well?

http://www.vimeo.com/1996923

thanks again :)

Ric
kr236rk
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby kr236rk » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:04 pm

Bob wrote:Welcome Ric!

I haven't used the GB filters -- not into time lapse at this time. But, they do look interesting. I don't have a canon camera, but the DBDeflicker plugin looks like it would be very useful. Something to keep in mind should I decide to do time lapse or stop motion.

Hi Bob,

thanks - will update on the GB filters by and by - the technology looks rivetting and i am eager to try out the trial download in Adobe 3 ;)

bests

R
kr236rk
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Vera S » Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:31 am

Hi kr236rk,
welcome here, this is a great place to get assistance, new ideas or just have fun.
DELL 9150, D 930, 2 GB Ram, 2 160 SATA HD, Nvidia 7900 GS - Panasonic NV-GS 75 - Canon Powershot S 80 - WinXP Prof SP3
Vera S
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby kr236rk » Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:10 pm

Vera Haase wrote:Hi kr236rk,
welcome here, this is a great place to get assistance, new ideas or just have fun.

thanks Vera - GB filters look like being a non-event for me: after the trial download wouldn't work on my Premiere 3 / XP, i emailed GB for assistance and they didn't even reply. i bought Premiere3 because GB mention this software as being compatible with their filters, so i am slightly fed up ~ and not a little suspicious: i have found very little evidence for many users of this filter software ](*,)

http://www.gbtimelapse.com/Product_gbdeflicker.aspx

never mind: GBFilters are not crucial in what i do, so i am still looking forward to working with Adobe software - it looks excellent ;)

bests

Ric
kr236rk
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Bill Hunt » Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:09 pm

Welcome to the Muvipix community.

I do not have any knowledge of the Granite Bay plug-ins, but I'd urge you to not give up on them too soon. Many plug-ins are developed, distributed and have all of their marketing/tech support done by one person at a computer. Some developers (Pixelan comes to mind immediately) are very good and quick at getting back to users with questions/problems. Others are not. With new releases of the main programs hitting, they may be up to their necks in coding, especially as many are going over to Vista, with its improvements (?) and problems. Returning pre (or post) sales e-mails, might be considered less of a priority. Personally, I'd do a followup e-mail, as your initial one might well have been lost, or become so buried, that the person on the other end might not even have seen it.

If my memory serves me, there have been a few threads on "time lapse" work, both here and in the Adobe Premiere (Elements and Pro) forums. I do not recall Granite Bay being specifically mentioned, but could easily have missed the references.

Since I use Premiere Pro 2 for most of my work, and PE4 less often, I think that I would have preferred to have PE3, as its interface is more similar to that of Pro. I really like that older structure ('cause it's what I am used to). I don't know the list of "improvements" between PE3 vs PE4 & PE7, but like the Timeline of PE3 a bit better (from my reading of that version).

Most of all, enjoy your editing and again, welcome,

Hunt
Bill Hunt
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby kr236rk » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:12 pm

Bill Hunt wrote:Welcome to the Muvipix community.

I do not have any knowledge of the Granite Bay plug-ins, but I'd urge you to not give up on them too soon. Many plug-ins are developed, distributed and have all of their marketing/tech support done by one person at a computer. Some developers (Pixelan comes to mind immediately) are very good and quick at getting back to users with questions/problems. Others are not. With new releases of the main programs hitting, they may be up to their necks in coding, especially as many are going over to Vista, with its improvements (?) and problems. Returning pre (or post) sales e-mails, might be considered less of a priority. Personally, I'd do a followup e-mail, as your initial one might well have been lost, or become so buried, that the person on the other end might not even have seen it.

If my memory serves me, there have been a few threads on "time lapse" work, both here and in the Adobe Premiere (Elements and Pro) forums. I do not recall Granite Bay being specifically mentioned, but could easily have missed the references.

Since I use Premiere Pro 2 for most of my work, and PE4 less often, I think that I would have preferred to have PE3, as its interface is more similar to that of Pro. I really like that older structure ('cause it's what I am used to). I don't know the list of "improvements" between PE3 vs PE4 & PE7, but like the Timeline of PE3 a bit better (from my reading of that version).

Most of all, enjoy your editing and again, welcome,

Hunt

Dear Bill,

Thank you for your reply and kind concern.

In order to run the Granite Bay plug-in/filter I needed Adobe Premier Elements 3 on XP, so I bought it. Ideally, I would run PE3 on a dual core processor and even considered buying a whole new xp pc with this in mind; since I do in fact possess a dual core but the o/s is Vista, which does not support the GB plug-in. At length, I decided to run PE3 on my old xp P4 because the cpu is fast enough for the software, and only struggles on playing back AVI's. But when I downloaded and tried to run the demo plug-in it told me 'there was something missing', so it couldn't function. I then emailed GB several times and asked for assistance ... I am still waiting. That must have been several weeks ago.

I am still 'go' for buying the filter but obviously I am not going to purchase it if the demo does not work on my system. What I can do is email GB again and ask for a refresh demo to retry: I will update here :)

From what I have seen of PE3 it looks great and I am really looking forward to trying it out, especially the audio tracking which looks much more extensive than the Pinnacle 9 I have used in the past.

Later ;)

Thanks again,

Ric
kr236rk
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby kr236rk » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:27 pm

Hello again,

update: i wrote this to support@granitebaysoftware.com on November 30th

Hi Mike,

How's things?

Still no luck here with the GBDeflicker trial plug-in. I have both Adobe PE3 software and Canon EOS 300D camera/software on this XP.

Can I try another demo of the plug-in please? - I am ready to purchase the full filter but obviously I want to be sure the demo works on my set up first.

Many thanks,

Ric

Dell Dimension 3000, P4, XP Home Edition, SP3

and there has been no response - maybe the guy went out of business :-8 ?

R
kr236rk
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:30 pm

It's only been a few days Ric, hang in there ::C
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby kr236rk » Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:54 pm

Chuck Engels wrote:It's only been a few days Ric, hang in there ::C

kr236rk
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby kr236rk » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:02 pm

Hi,

some success - Mike has sent me the deflicker file: i have downloaded and unzipped it; and pasted it into the plug-ins folder, under 'Adobe' in my Program Files [My Computer]. But there is no Plug Ins Folder to look in on PE3.

nevertheless, i found the GBDeflicker file in My Computer and opened it in PE3; it opened but it only contained a bmp logo for GBFilters

please advise - am going round in circles

thanks

Ric
kr236rk
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Next

Return to Introductions