They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

I'm so excited to be here!

A place to introduce and tell a little about yourself.

I'm so excited to be here!

Postby gail spiro » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:30 pm

HI everyone! I'm a brand new member to this site, and I'm so excited to have found you! While I have been primarily the mother of 4 children for the past 19 years, I have also had a small. home-based children's photography business for about 25 years. (I am a graduate of The Cleveland Institute of Art, with a major in graphic design and photography).
About 2 years ago, I took hundreds (thousands)! of photos out of a box, and attempted to make a slideshow of my twin boys in honor of their high school graduation. I had been pretty computer illiterate up to that point, and I made the slideshow on an ancient computer with the free windows movie maker software. The result was so amazing, and I enjoyed the process so much, (despite my computer frequently freezing on me and not letting me save properly!) that I decided to expand my photography business to include DVD Slidehows! We invested in a great new computer, along with the Adobe Premiere Elements 4, Photoshop Elements 6 bundle, (and a few good books!), and I began to learn!

My business, which I named, Moving Memories, is about 1 year old now, and going very well. I work alone from home, however, and it gets lonely sometimes. And of course, I want to coninuallly learn new things and try new ideas!
I am so excited to have found this group of people with similar interests! I plan to spend alot of time here! I am going to subscribe very soon, and can't wait to establish a connection with some of you!

Here's my website, if anyone wants to check it out: www.movingmemoriesphotography.net

Please write to me!
Gail Spiro
gail spiro
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: I'm so excited to be here!

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:34 pm

Hi Gail, Welcome to Muvipix :)

This is the most informative, friendly, knowledgeable forum on the internet and we are very happy to have you on board!
There are many of us that do some form of video work on the side or for a full time living, always happy to share and help others.

I am sure you are going to love it here ::C
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby munickster » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:56 pm

Hi Gail!

Welcome to the friendliest and most helpful forum anywhere. I'm glad you're here - I look forward to hearing from you, and picking up a few of your graphic design tips along the way.

You have a great website - I especially enjoyed your still photos, as that's my primary passion.

Dick
munickster
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby munickster » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:11 pm

munickster wrote:You have a great website - I especially enjoyed your still photos, as that's my primary passion.
Dick

I know it's bad form to reply to and quote my own post, but, after seeing your "Remembering Murray" video, I couldn't help myself. That was a really great video, particularly towards the end when I noticed that each time you cut back to a performance clip, Murray seemed to be actually playing the music. That was a very impressive job of editing!
munickster
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Bob » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:32 pm

Hi Gail, welcome to Muvipix!

We're glad to have you here and look forward to your participation.
Bob

Postby gail spiro » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:00 pm

Thanks to all your kind responses so far! I look forward to lots of helpful conversations in the future!
Gail
gail spiro
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Jayell » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:18 pm

Welcome to Muvipix, Gail. Nice Website. I just quickly browsed a couple of the videos. You've got some nice stuff there. I think you'll find this forum unbelievably helpful .. and friendly!
Jayell
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby momoffduty » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:57 pm

Welcome Gail! Beautiful pictures and a wonderful use of suggesting the different reasons for a slideshow. Look forward to seeing more of your work. Those baby pics were awesome. Getting a tad sentimental since a newly empty nester :(
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Cinde » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:21 pm

Gail, hello and welcome to the community. We are a friendly bunch of people who have similar interests. You will fit in well with us.

You have a beautiful website. I perused a few of your videos and want to congratulate you on a job well done.
Cinde
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Peru » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:42 pm

Very nice website, Gail. Good use of examples of your work. =D>
Peru

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:32 am

Glad to have you, Gail!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Gregg Kimball » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:01 pm

Welcome Gail, this is the best place I've found to get all your questions answered and I always have to remind myself "There is no such thing as a stupid question". :-D
XP Pro, Pentium D 3200 Mhz, Memory 4,096.00 MB, NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT
Canon HV20, PE4
Gregg Kimball

Postby ridon127 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:15 pm

Glad you found us! This is the greatest group of folks you will ever meet..I checked out some of work. Very nice.
Go out and make it a great day. The choice is yours!
Donna
ridon127
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Bill Hunt » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:45 pm

Gail,

Welcome to Muvipix. Thanks for the introduction.

I'm also glad that someone mentioned the "Remembering Murray," video. I took a look at it, as well as most of the other material. Very nice and thank you for sharing.

Back to "Remembering Murray," for a moment. I have a technical question for you. At about the 1/3 point, you used a curtain Transition. Do you remember where you got that particular Transition, or how you created it? I've been working on a Project, where it would be perfect. I've been spending a lot of time in AfterEffects and some lower-level 3D programs, but have only created more work for myself, and have not gotten close to what I saw in your demo reel.

I would greatly appreciate any info that you might have on the "curtain pull" Transition.

Thank you, and welcome again!

Bill Hunt
Bill Hunt
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Bob » Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:12 pm

Bill,

Premiere Elements has a curtain transition that looks like that: video transitions> 3D Motion> Curtain
Bob

Next

Return to Introductions