They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Brady Grid ProShow Producer Style

Standard, Gold & Producer. Talk with our experts about this great slideshow creating software.

Brady Grid ProShow Producer Style

Postby VernonRobinson » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:36 am

Using the In-A-Snap book as inspiration, I decided to tackle creating the Brady Grid using ProShow. Take a peek here. I have included the Show Files so that you can study it and put it in your tool box for later.

Here is the WMV to take a look at:

http://muvipix.com/cpg/displayimage.php?pos=-2034

Here is the link to the zippped show files:
http://muvipix.com/cpg/displayimage.php?pos=-2035

Thanks for taking the time to look.

-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Brady Grid ProShow Producer Style

Postby Paul LS » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:46 am

Very nice Vernon, I will grab the zip file. By the way it is a very crisp .wmv file when played from the gallery, where did you export it from? I guess it is crisp because it looks like it is quite a high bit rate... 1.3Mb/s. I know Ron was saying the player has issues with bit rates greater then 1Mb/s but yours looks great.
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:18 pm

Very, very nice work, Vernon!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby momoffduty » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:54 pm

Very good! The pics do look crisp.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Bobby » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:08 pm

Yes, quite nice!

But, speaking of size or resolution, the player did not show the full view for me. I get only the upper left four boxes, and pieces of the two below. When I played the file in WMP, it showed fine. Perhaps there is something about the file that upsets Ron's player.
Bobby (Bob Seidel)
Bobby
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby VernonRobinson » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:19 pm

Paul LS wrote:Very nice Vernon, I will grab the zip file. By the way it is a very crisp .wmv file when played from the gallery, where did you export it from? I guess it is crisp because it looks like it is quite a high bit rate... 1.3Mb/s. I know Ron was saying the player has issues with bit rates greater then 1Mb/s but yours looks great.

Paul,
I exported it from ProShow. I used the WMV option and set the frame to 720x480. ProShow took care of the rest. I missed Ron's message on the bit rate, otherwise I would have reduced it.

Now if I could only get that 52 inch Hi-Def television and Blu-Ray burner and Hi-Def Camera, and, and,..... :-D

Thanks for the comments. I will try and post more of the things I am doing.
-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby VernonRobinson » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:20 pm

Steve Grisetti wrote:Very, very nice work, Vernon!

I am humbled. Thanks for the inspiration. I would have never thought of it without the In-A-Snap book.

-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby VernonRobinson » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:25 pm

momoffduty wrote:Very good! The pics do look crisp.

Thanks Cheryl. Not too crispy I hope :) . ProShow seems to do a good job of rendering. I would so love to go Hi-Def, but it just isn't cost effective yet.

-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby VernonRobinson » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:27 pm

bseidel wrote:Yes, quite nice!

But, speaking of size or resolution, the player did not show the full view for me. I get only the upper left four boxes, and pieces of the two below. When I played the file in WMP, it showed fine. Perhaps there is something about the file that upsets Ron's player.

Bob,
Not quite sure what the issue could be. It seems to work fine for me. Maybe that is the kind of behavior that Ron is talking about. Maybe it only shows up under certain conditions.

-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Ron » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:58 pm

First of all, Vernon, your links are incorrect. I'm going to start telling everyone instead of editing the post so that you get a better understanding. Please use the link that's under your video in the gallery. You should be able to edit your original post. If you left that link, and someone else uploaded an item, the last-upload will be linked, not yours. This is just how the gallery works (dynamically - techy stuff).

I never said anything about bitrates (that I can remember). WMP should play anything your computer can handle. It should buffer about 20% before playing.

And FF must have a setting somewhere that scales the video. My setting doesn't allow scaling either. I'll fix the video size.

Edit: The video is 720x480 :-8 No big deal for me, but some people would have problems downloading all that stuff -- just a thought.
Regards,
-Ron

Dell, Win10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.4GhHz, 8GB ram. 64-bit
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby VernonRobinson » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:05 pm

Ron wrote:First of all, Vernon, your links are incorrect. I'm going to start telling everyone instead of editing the post so that you get a better understanding. Please use the link that's under your video in the gallery. You should be able to edit your original post. If you left that link, and someone else uploaded an item, the last-upload will be linked, not yours. This is just how the gallery works (dynamically - techy stuff).

Ron,
Thanks for the reminder. I do not post that many items, but I will remember going forward.

Ron wrote:I never said anything about bitrates (that I can remember). WMP should play anything your computer can handle. It should buffer about 20% before playing.

And FF must have a setting somewhere that scales the video. My setting doesn't allow scaling either. I'll fix the video size.

Edit: The video is 720x480 :-8 No big deal for me, but some people would have problems downloading all that stuff -- just a thought.

Any recommendations on size? I must be fortunate, because I do not have a problem viewing the 30 second clip either.

Thanks,
-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Ron » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:25 pm

VernonRobinson wrote:Any recommendations on size? I must be fortunate, because I do not have a problem viewing the 30 second clip either.

Hey, go for it, Vernon. More and more people are reverting to broadband, mainly because the internet is demanding it. This website, for example, is based on high-speed connections, hands down, and we're not shy about admitting that. 5 years ago, heavy loads on web pages were frowned upon. Today, it's almost a necessity to have a high-speed connection to merely "surf the web".

A 1 Mbps bitrate average is a good standard to go by (I may have mentioned that before), but not a hard fast rule. Any more than that, and users will just have to wait a bit longer to view, no big deal for some. Others may not wait and abort.

I didn't realize that it was only 30 seconds - nothing wrong with that either.
Regards,
-Ron

Dell, Win10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.4GhHz, 8GB ram. 64-bit
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Kerrie » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:13 pm

Wow Vernon, that was wonderful. Now you have me inspired to try that in premiere!!! Thanks for sharing.
Kerrie

Dell Vostro Laptop; 2.2 GHz, core 2 duo, 2 gig ram, 2x160 gig 7200 rpm HDs
Kerrie
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Ted » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:11 am

Beautiful, Vernon...and most definitely inspirational! :)

I appreciate the privilege of seeing it. Thanks much! :)
"Satan trembles when he sees
the weakest saint on his knees."
Ted
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby VernonRobinson » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:14 am

Ron wrote: A 1 Mbps bitrate average is a good standard to go by (I may have mentioned that before), but not a hard fast rule. Any more than that, and users will just have to wait a bit longer to view, no big deal for some. Others may not wait and abort.

Ron,
Thanks for the rule of thumb. Concerning broadband conversion rates. It took 2 years, but I finally got my Mother/Father-in-Law to convert. They are in their 70's. Now they have VOIP, High Speed Internet, and Cable television. Though they initially resisted it, they are in love with it now. Only 3 weeks into it though. If they are any indication, everything will be fine.

-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Next

Return to ProShow Series Software