They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Important: muvipix Subscriptions

Any updates to our site, contest information or noteworthy announcements will be posted here.

Important: muvipix Subscriptions

Postby Ron » Fri May 30, 2008 10:49 am

Hello Members (and potential Members),

Apparently some of our Members don't exactly know how our annual lifetime subscription works. We will do our best to explain.

The "lifetime" part simply means that, when you purchase the subscription at the current price, this is what you will pay annually for the life of the membership. In other words, our current subscription price is $69.95. If you purchased your subscription at that price, this is all you will pay annually for future subscription renewals, EVEN if and when we raise our subscription price in the interim.

Speaking of renewals, muvipix Subscription renewals occur automatically at the 1 year anniversary. About 10% or so of our members are not aware of this and, in turn, request refunds of the transaction after it occurs. If you do not want your subscription to renew, log in to your PayPal account and cancel the active subscription anytime within the year, it's that simple (although, once this action is performed, you forfeit the ability to renew at the lifetime price at which you purchased - in other words, if you decide later to renew your subscription, you will have to do so at the then current rate). Canceling your subscription does not change your access privileges to the Members Area, it simply terminates the auto-renewal function on your anniversary. If canceled, once your anniversary date is reached, your access to the Members Area is automatically terminated.

We hope this clears it up for some. Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

The muvipix Team
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Important: muvipix Subscriptions

Postby chooks » Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:55 am

Thanks Ron,
Its handy to know it all happens automatically. I assume it sends out some sort of notification at the time renewing takes place?. :) I feel I definitely have my moneys worth, and as long as we keep getting lots of great new stuff, I can't see myself ending it anytime soon. :-D
chooks
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby giaruso » Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:23 pm

OK. The only thing I would suggest out of common courtesy: Get an automated tickler file to send advance reminder messages of renewal to these "lifetime members" just so they are not caught by surprise and they don't feel as though they are being hornswoggled, as I did. Also, so they can choose to renew and not leave that decision to someone else. :-8

All that said, you have a great product and a nice staff. I, therefore, will be with you for the next year, at least. =D>

Regards,

Dennis M. Giaruso
giaruso
New User
New User

Postby Chuck Engels » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:47 am

Thank you for your great comments and suggestions :)

Our subscriptions are handled by PayPal, we have limited information about the subscribers. To send emails as a notification of renewal would be very difficult and time consuming under the circumstances.

I belong to two other subscription services personally, and a couple more at work. None of them send renewal notices at the renewal time.
One of them, Rhapsody, even makes me phone in my cancellation, I can't cancel over the internet. This process is no different than most of the subscription services on the internet today.

The subscriber has the right to cancel our subscription at any time, just go to your PayPal account, find the transaction and cancel the renewal. The whole purpose of the auto renewal is to continue at the same rate, those of you that join for $49.95 or less are going to be sitting real nice in a few months ;) If you cancel now and decide to buy a subscription again later the price will be much higher. We are going to raise our rates to compare more with the competition. Most of our competition is around $25 - $50 per month, $200 - $300 per quarter and $300 - $600 per year. In September we will be much closer to those numbers in some format or another. Along with this will come a lot more products as well, and a whole lot more tutorials.

All in all you have complete control over what happens. If you don't want to renew you can cancel at anytime, if you do the auto renew you are guaranteed the original price for as long as you continue to auto renew. It is really quite simple and really quite common in internet service subscriptions today.

If we can come up with a method to send out an announcement email we will do that, but then people will say 'I didn't get the email' or have other excuses. If your account is charged for the auto renewal, and you no longer want the subscription, we will refund your money within 24 hours, no questions asked.

Hope that helps :)
Chuck
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:10 am

And, above all, we're trying to come up with a solution that both takes advantage of our one-time-lifetime-price structure and yet doesn't leave anyone feeling like we're trying to sneak money from them.

We're continuing to explore our options and we will likely come up with solutions soon.

Our goal in this project, after all, has never been to take advantage of people. But, on the contrary, to serve everyone the best value possible!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby giaruso » Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:47 am

I fully understand, gentlemen. Keep up the good work.

Denny G.
giaruso
New User
New User

Postby Chuck Engels » Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:59 am

Thanks Denny :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby George Tyndall » Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:39 pm

Chuck Engels wrote:The whole purpose of the auto renewal is to continue at the same rate, those of you that join for $49.95 or less are going to be sitting real nice in a few months....

Wow! Only $49.95 per year for as long as I continue to auto-renew?

And for all that we get here?

This is among the very best deals on the Internet, right up there in the stratosphere with Adobe allowing us to purchase the company's Elements programs (Photoshop and Premiere) for less than $100 each.

Thank you!
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:10 pm

Thanks, George. That's very nice to hear.

(Unless you're being sarcastic, that is...)
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chuck Engels » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:14 pm

Thanks George, we have always wanted this to be one of the best video sites and to provide an excellent product for a reasonable price.
The forum, gallery and articles are just a bonus for everyone.
We owe a lot of the thanks to the moderators, and members like you :)

Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Rockdoc » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:15 pm

I'm not being sarcastic - I think it's a great deal!!

Of course, I did just win a prize, but I had already renewed my subscription when I did that, and it wouldn't have been possible without you guys anyway! :lol:
Jennifer
Currently the owner of an embarrassingly slow system, hoping that will change!
Rockdoc
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby George Tyndall » Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:31 am

Steve Grisetti wrote:(Unless you're being sarcastic, that is...)

I'm very sincere.

Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements are and always have been "steals" in my view. The full version of Photoshop doesn't even have the all-important Organizer, yet it costs $100s more.

How valuable is the muvipix site to me?

Modesty aside, I'm proud to tell you that, after fully digesting "Jump Start to the Canon HV50" plus all the advice that Chuck and others have given me over the past 10 or so days, I went out to a place called Burton Chace Park in Marina del Rey and created a 40 minute video that is DROP DEAD GORGEOUS in terms of both video and audio. The only mistakes were a couple of pans that were a bit ahead of the boat I was tracking. The Canon DVM-50 microphone (heard through noise-cancelling headphones) provided sounds that I would never heard with my just my human ear. I felt like a dog or cat as I prowled the area to investigate all the sounds that I was hearing. (The loudest turned out to be a creaky metal dock.)

A gentleman at Samy's named Steve this afternoon found me here in LA a Velbon tripod for under $100 that is an aboslute dream for video panning and tilting. It is, as they say, "smooth as silk"--and looks VERY good to boot, complete with carrying case, quick-release, fluid head, etc. Thanks Steven, I already informed Tim, your supervisor, and he said he in turn would inform Samy, of how very happy I am with the effort to find me an in-stock unit.

Tomorrow, I will return to the same park but, instead of a Polaroid filter, I will assess how the Beach setting looks on the Canon in the early afternoon. (I already have learned that the Sunset setting in the late afternoon is simply fabulous.)

When I have time, I will describe to the members a method of using HDVSplit that I found VERY efficient in terms of getting one's tape "captured."
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Bill Hunt » Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:54 pm

Not sure if this is the best place to ask this question, but could not find a better one.

Is the only payment option through Pay-Pal? It seems to be, as that is the only reference, that I can find. I have a Pay-Pal account, but keep it inactive, as much as possible, always using a credit-card, in lieu of Pay-Pal. If that IS the only way, then so be it. I'll go dig out my account data, and check to see that it is still active, but was looking for the credit card route.

The subscription seems like a very good deal, considering all of the information and content available.

Thanks,

Hunt
Bill Hunt
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Ron » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:46 pm

Hi Bill and welcome,

The following link will explain briefly why we use PayPal to handle our transactions - it's essentially hands off for us (although, we still have to do minor manual processes on occasion) - viewtopic.php?f=17&t=23

You can still use a credit card, but PayPal will manage the transaction for you (instead of another outside source).

*** On a side note, as for me in this day and age (on the outside looking in), if I could, I would use PayPal exclusively if possible. I refuse to input my credit card/debit card number into any more databases on the internet for fear of compromise.
Regards,
-Ron

Dell, Win10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.4GhHz, 8GB ram. 64-bit
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:26 pm

Very nice use of the new logo as your avatar, Ron!
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Next

Return to Announcements