They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Congratulations Muvipix Spring 2008 Video Contest Winners!

A parking place for everything that relates to our contests and giveaways!

Re: Congratulations Muvipix Spring 2008 Video Contest Winners!

Postby Gooder » Fri May 23, 2008 4:47 am

momoffduty wrote: Liked the song you used too for the contest entry and will use it in the future, has a nice tempo to it.

For those of you who wish to use the same theme song, you can find it here!
http://www.madeofme.com/compositions.htm

Might be best to send the guy an email if you decide to use it :)

Lee
HP Pavilion t540.se 2.8 GHz, 1GB DDR, 200GB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500. Internal HDD Seagate 250GB, External HDD WD My Book 300GB, Maxtor Basic 500GB. Sound card Creative Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro! & 5.1 Surround Speakers!
Gooder
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Niki Burony » Thu May 29, 2008 5:50 pm

Great videos everyone - I enjoyed taking a look at these and getting inspired. The apple video is just fantastic.
Beth(Maxine) - I was wondering what song that is you used? Its so catchy, and I think it might work great for a camping video I'm planning to put together.

Niki
Niki Burony

Postby Kerrie » Thu May 29, 2008 10:25 pm

Niki, the song is "How sweet it is" by Michael Buble'
Kerrie

Dell Vostro Laptop; 2.2 GHz, core 2 duo, 2 gig ram, 2x160 gig 7200 rpm HDs
Kerrie
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Niki Burony » Fri May 30, 2008 5:38 am

I think I'm asking about a different video. I'm looking for the song from the apple picking day that won best in show. It goes something like " this is a great day....." I'd sing it, but you really don't want me to!! :-D
Can someone help me with what the song is?
Niki Burony

Postby Maxine370 » Fri May 30, 2008 7:49 am

Hi,

Sorry I've been crazy busy with a rush job for a client and neglecting my forum duties. Anyway the song is The Good Life by Tim Myers. I don't know if you'll be able to find it anywhere but itunes but it is available there. He has some other very catchy and useable songs. In fact one was featured on a Target ad.
Happy Editing,

Beth
Maxine370
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby ridon127 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:22 pm

Beth,

I really like the song alos. I went to itunes and download The Good Life and A Beautiful World( i think that is the name). I am making a video for one of our teachers that is quitting. I think the Good life is a great song for the video.. Thanks for sharing.. You always come up with great songs.. Where do you find them?
Donna
Go out and make it a great day. The choice is yours!
Donna
ridon127
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Maxine370 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:25 pm

Donna,

I pay close attention to commericals and tv shows to listen for new music. I research music on itunes all the time to keep fresh for my client videos. Generally, I'm always on the listen for music. It helps that I really enjoy music and like almost all genres.

By the way I have no musical talent, can't read it or play it and my singing voice is NOT pleasant.
Happy Editing,

Beth
Maxine370
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby ridon127 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:14 pm

Maxine370 wrote:Donna,

By the way I have no musical talent, can't read it or play it and my singing voice is NOT pleasant.

I know where you are coming from on that one....I sing everyday at work but the kids don't realize that I can't carry a tune.. Ya know it is pretty sad when you are my age and your top 10 songs include Matilda Gorilla, Twinkle Twinkle, and your top 10 artist are Dr. Jean, the Wiggles, Greg and Steve just to name a few. LOL When we are in the car and I am singing my husband always tells me, God didn't give you the ability to sing so why don't you just sign it and spare me the pain.....LOL

I will pay more attention to commericals, etc. I have notice on Cold Case they play some music that I thought would work on videos.. I can't ever remember the words or haven't really tried to find out what they play. Thanks for sharing..
Donna
Donna
ridon127
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Maxine370 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:18 pm

Donna,

A lot of new show websites have information on the music they play including COld Case (one of my faves too), House, Gray's Anatomy and more. So if you hear smething you like check out the website. Often they even tell you in what scene the songs played to more easily identify them.

Yes,

I know all the Backyardigans songs too and often find myself singing them (better than the dittys from the toys they used to play with when they were babies) but I also play a wide variety of music for my kids. They love it. My son (5) takes a Broadway Musical class where they sing and perform songs from new and old musicals. He loves it.
Happy Editing,

Beth
Maxine370
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby momoffduty » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:17 am

Read recently that Cold Case spends the most on music royalties compared to other TV shows. Using songs from the year really helps the storyline.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby ridon127 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:47 am

I googled Cold Case and they list each song that played by the episode, name of the song and the album which it is on. I also googled other tv shows and found interesting songs. I think they have the best music of all the shows I watch..
Donna
Donna
ridon127
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby slushparlor1 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:11 pm

Beth wrote:This is simply a photoshop file on top of the video...the file is a black background with a box opening in the middle (stroked with white). IN Premiere I adjust the scale (make sure you scale height and width separately) I add a second PS file I call a splitter, a centered vertical black box again stroked with white. This serves to split the inital box into 2. Again by keyframing and adjusting scale you can create opening of various sizes. Beneath it I scale and crop the stills or live video that shows through so that you can see any of the edges in the other box.

WHen I get a chance I will post the PS files.

Hi Beth:

I know you are really busy with summer (I love the new photo of you and your boys.) Summer is such a great time of the year. I am hoping at some point you will be able to upload the PS files that you spoke about. This was just a reminder since I was looking at your video again. I don't care if you don't get to it for months and months.

Thanks!!! O:)
slushparlor1
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Maxine370 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:54 am

sorry it took so long... her you go
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Happy Editing,

Beth
Maxine370
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby slushparlor1 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:03 pm

I really, really appreciate you doing this. You are like the guru - well you are!!!! I'm always trying to copy stuff you do. Thanks so much for taking the time!!! Hope you and the kids are having a great summer. I'm really trying to find time to fit it all in. I went to the Kennedy Library in Boston yesterday with my son. First time he has been there (he's 11) and he enjoyed it!! Happy summer!!!
slushparlor1
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Previous

Return to muvipix Contests