They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Hello from Robyn in Queanbeyan, NSW, Australia

A place to introduce and tell a little about yourself.

Re: Hello from Robyn in Queanbeyan, NSW, Australia

Postby Rockdoc » Wed May 28, 2008 5:36 pm

I'm with you on the 30 years, Jack!! Let's see... my kids are 2 and 4, so that means I will have a weekend to myself in...
Jennifer
Currently the owner of an embarrassingly slow system, hoping that will change!
Rockdoc
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Clayton » Thu May 29, 2008 7:53 am

Rockdoc wrote:I'm with you on the 30 years, Jack!! Let's see... my kids are 2 and 4, so that means I will have a weekend to myself in...

LOL Jennifer. You can look forward to living like us. We have my 91 year-old MIL living with us. We can't even go to Church or to the movies together anymore. Not only that is my 95 year-old mother who lives by herself (still drives, quilts, gardens, avid reader) waiting to move in when we have room.

Sorry rolaren, again welcome! :-5
Clayton
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Rockdoc » Thu May 29, 2008 8:24 am

My in-laws were in town last weekend. They watched the kids while we went to a movie (Indiana Jones), and that is the first movie I have seen in a theater in at least 18 months. Ate popcorn and sat next to my husband - seemed like something I did a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away... :lol:

(Didn't mean to highjack your thread, Robyn.)
Jennifer
Currently the owner of an embarrassingly slow system, hoping that will change!
Rockdoc
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby ridon127 » Thu May 29, 2008 8:46 am

And then there are your kids who finally move out and bring the grand kids home to live with you....LOL It never ends..I've always said, If I had known how much fun the grandkids were,, I would have had them first... I didn't plan on them coming to stay.. We took our first "field trip" (as the girls call it) alone in Dec. We really didn't know how to act without the girls...What an experience..LOL

Sorry Robin.. welcome again
Donna
Go out and make it a great day. The choice is yours!
Donna
ridon127
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby rolawren » Fri May 30, 2008 2:39 am

No worries, enjoy reading people's comments. Have to learn not to write a long post and then go off some-where else to check a link or fact, as the page expires.

Basically I was saying (in a long winded-way) my first video has gone official today (but hidden somewhat) on the government web-site [this is the one I added to the Gallery rolawren > Snakes > Promotional video already], so I am quite proud. It is bound to change over the next couple of weeks, but it is a start:

http://www.anbg.gov.au/anbg/reptiles/snakes-alive-movie.html

:bounce:

And one of my other interests is the Water Dragons you find in the Botanic Gardens plus elsewhere along Eastern Australia. Here is my first and practically only attempt at Flash that I did two years ago. I chopped the head off a Water Dragon (in photoshop), put it back on again and moved it, to simulate the head-bobbing action they do. A friend suggested I add (a tongue stick out - which they don't do), to see if anyone ever notices. As in how could you do do something like that on an official web-site. By the way, you have to go to the bottom of the page and press the rock that says Bob. And No, the Water Dragon is not called Bob (I have had so many people ask me why is the Water Dragon called Bob, do you name them all?) It was an attempt to indicate you press the rock and his head bobs!

http://www.anbg.gov.au/anbg/reptiles/dragon-reproduction.html

Enough ... :!:

Robyn
rolawren
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby rolawren » Sat May 31, 2008 8:37 am

Helen wrote:Hi Robyn and hello from Brisbane

I have loved the videos you have posted already. They are informative and fun to watch. I have not got bored watching and have also learnt

Helen

Dear Helen,

I had a look at your video section today when I had a chance. Lovely moon eclipse, I enjoyed it here down south in Canbera as well, it was beautiful. Do you have any more videos that I can look at?

Regards and thanks for your comments,

Robyn
rolawren
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Helen » Sat May 31, 2008 7:56 pm

Hi Robyn
I am sorry but that is the only video I have posted. I did enter the very first video contest with two videos "Whale of a Time" and the other one "Round We Go". I am not happy with the second video, I would do it way different now. Have learnt so much more since I made them. I think you can still view them in the gallery.

Lately I have been doing videos for my daughter's school about their entries in the Junior Rock Eisteddfod and Wakakirri Story Dance competitions, so I have not posted them. I do not have permission from all the parents and I do not feel comfortable about posting them online.

This year will probably be my last year that I do the Wakakiiri video as my daughter is moving on to high school next year. It takes me a little while to do each dvd as I have to sync footage from three cameras and I also take all the photos and they need to be editted slightly. I photograph and video the rehearsals and then the actual performance on a "Sneak and Peak" night that is held for parents and friends. On this night the school band, choir and other acts perform as well and I include these all on the dvd. We are not allowed to film the real performance where they perform with other schools.

At the moment one of the movies I am also putting together is for my husband about his motorbike trip down to the Mt Kosiosko area. I am about 3/4 of the way through this one, so I may post a snippet of it when I have finished. I plan to do a similar thing like you are doing with your snake and map, but I will have a motorbike moving and showing the roads that they travelled on. I have all the gps co-ordinates from the trip, but I am still trying to work out how to get it off the gps and bring it all together in PE.

Haven't had a chance to view your video on the official govenment site yet, but I am sure it will be very good, all your other footage has beeen excellent. Looking forward to seeing more

Helen
Helen
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Cinde » Sat May 31, 2008 9:10 pm

Hi Robyn, Welcome aboard.
Cinde
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby rolawren » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:04 am

Helen wrote:I plan to do a similar thing like you are doing with your snake and map, but I will have a motorbike moving and showing the roads that they travelled on. I have all the gps co-ordinates from the trip, but I am still trying to work out how to get it off the gps and bring it all together in PE.

Thanks Helen, I am still learning my way around the forum. Sorry I did not see you response to my question about your nice moon video. What happened is when I got the link, it jumped me to, (or I did not realise) the bottom comment on the page, so did not realise until just now that you replied.

The link about lines on the map, that I asked some additional Q's about seems to be a good one.

http://muvipix.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1642&p=26097#p26097

The Rock Eisteddfod's are certainly great, and I enjoy watching them on T.V. each year. I see the A.C.T. and N.S.W. ones on T.V., but can't quite recall if we see the National one on T.V. as well, or not. I know the presenter is very impressive and nice, can't recall his name, but he is a very nice chap and very talented. He came thru' the Rock Eisteddfod ropes as well.

Thanks for replying to me the other day on a different topic.

Regards,

Robyn
rolawren
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Helen » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:02 pm

Hi Robyn
No worries about not noticing my reply and it has been a few days since you posted and since I have been on the forum (my daughter turned 18 last Thursday) so it has been a little hectic. We had a party :drunken: at home on Friday and the next day was spent cleaning up. All the kids (or young adults) were pretty well behaved, except for the floor which was very sticky from the spilled drinks while dancing. Neighbours on one side nearly got out the earplugs at one stage, but it all went well, considering all the horror stories you hear about. I think a lot has to do with her friends who are all pretty good and well behaved.

Our school has only made the Wakakirri finals once up to now, but the kids enjoy the participation. We do not have auditions at school and any child is welcomed in the production regardless of talent. The talent of some of the kids that you see on the tv is so good you can tell they have a future in entertainment.

I have finally worked out how to get all the gps points into my video. It took a few days and a trial of a few different gps programmes, but it is working. Also, I have followed the thread that you mentioned. Now I just need to find some time to work on the project.
Helen
Helen
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby rolawren » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:18 pm

Glad the party went well. Hope to see a bit of your footage of either the Eisteddfod (if you get permission) or the Motor-bike trail rides on line one day.

Thanks for getting back to me, I have also been having a bit of a break from the forum and doing any video editing after getting my video into TAFE. Have been feeling really worn out. Also the miserable weather probably does not help.

All the best,

Robyn
rolawren
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Helen » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:00 pm

I'll post some of the motorbike trip when I finish the project, my husband is keen for me to finish it and show the family.
Hope you get some rest and feel more energetic soon so you can finish all your projects. We will be coming that way in August to go skiing so hopefully the weather will be better by then. Our weather has been beautiful at the moment, cool in the morning and evening, but lovely during the day.
Helen
Helen
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Previous

Return to Introductions