They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Hi there all :)

A place to introduce and tell a little about yourself.

Hi there all :)

Postby BreauxShow » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:08 pm

Hi there all,

Just wanted to intro myself after signing up today and poking around for the morning after stumbling across this really great forum and community today. I was searching around for a really helpful, fun, friendly community to be a part of in the greta wide world of videography of which I am slowly becoming a part of...

Why do I say slowly? I started 10 years ago when in college by majoring in Telecommunications, specifically TV Production, and have been on and off the biz for the last 10 years now. Well in those years I have gone from retail schlub to the IT side of retail POS systems, and coming full circle again, have been producing training videos the last 2 years now for our retail dept because someone remebered I studied TV Production...hehe.

Well these days I am also slowly getting back into video making by converting old school projects to vids on YouTube as well getting ready to produce a new podcast/show/something...haha, based on an old school project called The Breaux Show. On top of all that, I am being asked to film some small events for friends as well, so it looks like Videography is back in my life full swing. Strange how that happens, huh?

Heck, I have been shooting videos since I was 15 with my first camera, a PXL 2000 from Fisher Price (how is that for old school?)

Anyways, just wanted to drop a line and say hi, and I look forwward to perusing the boards and meeting new fun people to talk with here.

Thanks all,

Mike

Oh, before I forget -

I shoot with a JVC GRD270U Mini-DV camera (sooo need a new one...lol) and edit with Adobe Premeire Elemts 4.0, Photoshop Elements 6.0 (love those packages, had the 2.0/4/0 before...), and Audacity for now. :)
"It ain't about how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winnin' is done! " - Rocky, Rocky Balboa
BreauxShow
New User
New User

Re: Hi there all :)

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:13 pm

Welcome Mike, happy to have you here in the Muvipix Community !
Please feel free to share your experience with us :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Wheat King » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:13 pm

Welcome Mike! Look forward to seeing your stuff! Great community to join. ;)
_| /-\ /\/\ /-\ |_
Wheat King
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:37 pm

Welcome aboard, Mike!

There are lots of folks on this forum who got telecommunications degrees, worked professionally for a while and then found their greatest satisfaction shooting and editing their own stuff.

In fact, many of us are old enough to remember when you edited video by controlling two connected VCRs and you edited audio with a grease pencil and a razor blade! (And none of us are nostalgic for those good old days!)
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby BreauxShow » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:48 pm

Non-Linear editing systems with two professional VTRs and a small audio mixer are what I learned on to edit ;) And even worked on old Grass Valley switchers for live TV productions.....craziness indeed, but oh so much fun. :)

Thanks for the welcome guys, I look forward to having fun here!

Mike
"It ain't about how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winnin' is done! " - Rocky, Rocky Balboa
BreauxShow
New User
New User

Postby Clayton » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:52 pm

Welcome aboard Mike! :-5
Clayton
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Cinde » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:21 pm

Welcome Mike. There is something for everyone here.
Cinde
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby VernonRobinson » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:32 am

Welcome Mike,
If you need anything we are only a click away.

-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby BreauxShow » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:54 am

Hi there all - thank you so much for the warm welcome :)

I will definitely be asking a few questions here shortly, I am just taking it all in being back in the video game more and more each day again. Now if I can just get back to school for this stuff too.... :)

Thank you so much for making me feel welcome.

Mike
BreauxShow
New User
New User

Postby Chuck Engels » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:48 am

BreauxShow wrote:Now if I can just get back to school for this stuff too....

You can learn as much here as you can in any school Mike :)
Probably in a shorter amount of time ;)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Introductions