They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Thought Bubbles

Standard, Gold & Producer. Talk with our experts about this great slideshow creating software.

Re: Thought Bubbles

Postby VernonRobinson » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:27 pm

MikeV99 wrote:Alley,

I made a psd of a bubble using Elements. I then opened an image in PSP, added a layer using Add Image, and brought in my bubble. I had not put my text in the bubble in Elements. You say add a text layer; not quite sure what you mean by that. I can create a caption in PSP and drag/drop it on the bubble, but would prefer something contained in the bubble. I guess that means I should edit the text in Elements. Somehow I keep going back to Elements.

Thanks

Mike

Mike,
By putting the text on its own layer, you could then use the Thought Bubble over and over again without having to go back to PS Elements. . Use the keyframes on the text layer to position, size and control the timing of the text in the text bubble. Does this make sense?

-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Alley » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm

I've done my tutorial and posted it in Alley's Album. I don't quite know what I am doing yet :shock: , it is somewhat out of perspective but I've got to run. It's in Alley's Album - I guess search Text Bubble or ProShow Producer - sorry - I am really late and I have to take a shower. 8-[ I'll do better next time. :-D
Alley
New User
New User

Postby MikeV99 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:01 pm

Vernon,

I know I am going to hate myself in the morning, but would you please give me the steps for adding a "Text" Layer. The options one gets when clicking on Add Layer does not seem to fit that category.

Thanks

Mike
MikeV99
New User
New User

Postby Paul LS » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:10 pm

Very good tutorial. =D>
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby MikeV99 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:22 pm

Alley,

Thank you. I have taken a quick look at and now will go through it while doing the same thing on my system. Really neat for something you said was done very quickly! :-5

BTW, I downloaded the tutorial and started it in Real Player. Are there any options to make the image that you are working with any clearer -- they are blurry on my system?

Thanks

Mike
MikeV99
New User
New User

Postby VernonRobinson » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:36 pm

MikeV99 wrote:Alley,

Thank you. I have taken a quick look at and now will go through it while doing the same thing on my system. Really neat for something you said was done very quickly! :-5

BTW, I downloaded the tutorial and started it in Real Player. Are there any options to make the image that you are working with any clearer -- they are blurry on my system?

Thanks

Mike

Mike,
Alley has done an excellent job on her tutorial. The explanation of adding the text at the end was exactly what I had in mind. Adding the text allows for multiple reuse of the thought bubble. I think that is a more makes for a longer term, more complete solution. Are you using ProShow Gold or Producer? I am only familiar with Producer. Never used Gold. If you still need some help please respond back.

Regards,
-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Ron » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:46 pm

That was a neat tutorial! I think we may need to talk about possible positions at muvipix.com if you're available :cool:

Here's the direct link to her tutorial -

http://muvipix.com/cpg/displayimage.php?pos=-1547

Again, great stuff, nice concept!
Regards,
-Ron

Dell, Win10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.4GhHz, 8GB ram. 64-bit
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Chuck Engels » Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:45 pm

Very nice Alley, excellent job. Just imagine what you could do with some time =D>
You are more than welcome to do all the tutorials you like img0225
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Alley » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:04 pm

HI - I'm back. :-D

Just watched it through myself. I'll have to investigate why it's blurry - well, I think i know why. I'll work on that.

Hope it helped.

I am always glad to suggest ways of doing things if I actually know how - hehe. :-k
Alley
New User
New User

Postby MikeV99 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:42 am

John 'twosheds' McDonald wrote:Mike,

My workflow for slideshows is basically using Photoshop CS3 to tidy up still images, saving as JPGs then importing the edited images into P2E.

For video editing I still use PrElv2. The thing is I know my way around PrElv2 so I find that 90%+ of what I want to do is easily do-able. But I really need to move over to using PPro CS3 more than I do at present and I am still trying to find the time to begin learning AE CS3.

Is there anything that PSP can do that is not available in P2E? For example, can one do the magnification example that is reasonably easy to do with PSP? Since you use Elements Premiere for video I would assume that P2E does not do that either? It appears to me that P2E focuses on creating and optimizing executable slideshows. If one is doing TV DVDs, then their hardware rendering will not be as useful?

I guess I should try a trial of P2E. I am just getting tired of trying different slideshow editors.

Thanks,

Mike
:neutral:
MikeV99
New User
New User

Postby MikeV99 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:47 am

Alley wrote:HI - I'm back. :-D

Just watched it through myself. I'll have to investigate why it's blurry - well, I think i know why. I'll work on that.

Hope it helped.

I am always glad to suggest ways of doing things if I actually know how - hehe. :-k

Thank you again. What software do you use to capture the screen actions? What about the talking avatar? It is very impressive. \:D/ I would also be curious to know what you find about the blurry screen captures. Thanks again... off to do bubbles :lol:

Mike
MikeV99
New User
New User

Postby Alley » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:58 pm

I have posted a revision. It is much better. I captured the screen with Camtasia. But first time around I rendered the sceen capture to avi and then added it to the Pro Show Producer timeline with my Intro and End. I realized in the night :idea: that I really needed to bring the intro and end into camtasia and render it there. Also, I rendered to .wmv this time, Camtasia does an excellent job of rendering high quality to .wmv.

The intro and end were done in Iclone by Reallusion. I have a strong interest in animation and I started with Poser.

If you join the Mystery Manor Project, you could win a copy of Iclone. :-D
Alley
New User
New User

Postby MikeV99 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:54 pm

Alley wrote:I have posted a revision. It is much better. I captured the screen with Camtasia. But first time around I rendered the sceen capture to avi and then added it to the Pro Show Producer timeline with my Intro and End. I realized in the night :idea: that I really needed to bring the intro and end into camtasia and render it there. Also, I rendered to .wmv this time, Camtasia does an excellent job of rendering high quality to .wmv.

That is much better, thank you. I use their SnagIt product already and have been very happy with it.

The intro and end were done in Iclone by Reallusion. I have a strong interest in animation and I started with Poser.

It looks like fun. Something for me to think about in the future.

If you join the Mystery Manor Project, you could win a copy of Iclone. :-D

Thanks. The project looks very interesting. However, I have about all I can handle right now just trying to get up to speed with slideshows. Also, from what I can tell, one should have some animation software to participate fully. Maybe sometime in the future.

Thank you again for all your help. Most interesting. :-k

Mike
MikeV99
New User
New User

Postby Alley » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:57 pm

from what I can tell, one should have some animation software to participate fully. Maybe sometime in the future.
No, no animation software required. We have supplied image sequence files and tutorials, etc. The project is aimed at video editors. We will have a separate Iclone division. All you need is an overlay track. :-D

But yes, real work comes first. :-D

New Revised link.

Edit by Ron, incorrect link - ''http://muvipix.com/cpg/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=10500&pos=0'

Correct - http://muvipix.com/cpg/displayimage.php?pos=-1550
Alley
New User
New User

Postby Clayton » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:06 am

Great TUT Alley. :-D

By the way just tried clicking on more smilies and crashed my computer twice (at work). Worked here last Thursday and at home this weekend. Hope it is just a fluke. When I clicked on it it just started flashing real fast, could see an occassional smilie and the rest of the screen disappeared. Never seen anything like it. :cry:
Clayton
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

PreviousNext

Return to ProShow Series Software