They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Analog Photography

Talk about anything here.

Re: Analog Photography

Postby ed » Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:32 pm

I agree with you Dave - cemeteries are meant for remembering our past loved ones, and should be a place to walk through and reflect.

I just developed and scanned a roll of film this weekend, and ghoul that I am took this photo at the parish my children were baptized at :)

A troubled soul, but I enjoyed his books.

2023_140x.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby ed » Sat Apr 08, 2023 12:21 pm

My wife wanted a special wine for Easter that I could not find in our county. Frederick Maryland had it, so I drove up there to buy it and took some photos. I used an old Yashica Flex medium format camera, and focused on buildings. I usually use this camera for portraits which I'm not allowed to share. Frederick has an interesting history, civil war, and a very eclectic and vibrant downtown area, I bought some local made pottery as a gift to my wife while I was there,

ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Dave McElderry » Sun Apr 09, 2023 5:26 am

Nice, Ed. Those old buildings could surely tell some tales. I've been in that area many times, in the Winchester/Front Royal vicinity. So much history. I like that you showed the camera at the beginning. Still going strong.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby ed » Sun Apr 09, 2023 8:25 am

Thanks Dave. I remember going to the Winchester Apple festival when I was in my 20’s. So much fun. They had an actual Pine Wood Derby race down a steep street; I took photos but they are lost to time. Front Royal is nice, I should get up there and take some photos.

It can be a struggle to keep my old cameras going. I’m currently in year two of working on an old 6x9 bellows camera trying to get that to be productive.
ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby sidd finch » Sun Apr 09, 2023 10:17 am

I love those old brick buildings they just have so much character. And when you take a picture of them through time only the surroundings change. Unfortunately we do not have too much brick buildings in this area. It is great that you are able to keep those old cameras up an running. The camera helps accentuate the subject matter.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby ed » Sun Apr 09, 2023 11:13 am

I don’t think bricks and earthquakes are a good combo Sidd.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby sidd finch » Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:22 am

I don’t think bricks and earthquakes are a good combo

Agreed. Case in point. The great 1907 San Francisco earthquake. Bricks not so good.

Interesting piece of trivia. Many of the pictures of the destruction were obtained by tying cameras to helium balloons to get up in the air to get that perspective. They used a Picavet rigging system to level the camera.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby ed » Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:38 am

I always look forward to this YouTuber posting videos; a good combination of explanation and photos in interesting places. If you have time to spend watch this video, he really details what to look for in B&W photography and working with light. I wish I had his equipment!

ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby ed » Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:30 pm

I feel like I'm spamming the site with film photography lately, but I've had some time to go take photos.

I went down to Alexandria Virginia this past weekend and shot some film with my old YashicaFlex medium format camera along the water front, right across from Washington DC. Also stopped for a pint at the Union Street Public House :)

ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Dave McElderry » Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:06 am

Wow, very cool, Ed. I watched it twice. Makes me want to go there. Don't know why you'd say you feel like you're spamming; this is certainly what Muvipix is all about, no matter what the medium.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:10 am

Dave McElderry wrote:Wow, very cool, Ed. I watched it twice. Makes me want to go there. Don't know why you'd say you feel like you're spamming; this is certainly what Muvipix is all about, no matter what the medium.

+1 :)
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby sidd finch » Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:07 am

Ed my spam filter is not registering any spam lol

The picture of the "JuiceBox" camper trailer looks like something out of a Twilight zone episode. The trailer is vintage but the decal look very modern....... "There is a fifth dimension, beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is an area which we call The Twilight Zone." :ha:

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby Peru » Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:04 pm

Ed,
What transition did you use for the Alexandria video?
It looks like some kind of wipe with a dissolve.
Peru

Postby ed » Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:58 pm

Glad I'm not spamming :)

I thought that camper looked strange as well Sidd, that's why I took a shot of it. Apparently its only open on weekends for limited hours and serves fresh juices.

Peru, it is a wipe/dissolve transition. I edited this in Movavi and its on of the available transitions.
ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Peru » Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:31 pm

ed wrote:Peru, it is a wipe/dissolve transition. I edited this in Movavi and its on of the available transitions.

I really like that one.
Premiere Pro doesn't have that transition. I also have proDAD Vitascene 3 Pro, but it's not in there either.
I'm going to try creating it by using a gradient wipe and a custom gradient.
Peru

PreviousNext

Return to Water Cooler