They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Hello, I'm new and need some help

Specific to Premiere Elements version 2023

Hello, I'm new and need some help

Postby gmarlin » Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:32 pm

Hello! Thank goodness I happened upon Steve's Muvipix YouTube channel! After watching over half his wonderful videos about Premiere Elements 2023, I bought Adobe Premiere Elements, Adobe PhotoShop Elements, and his Premiere Elements 2023 book!
I'm creating a video for my new YouTube channel and I'm doing pretty well...except for these things...

1. I still can't figure out how to delete an Applied Effect. :( I only see an inactive trash cans for the Motion and for the Opacity. I don't see a trash can for just the 'entire' effect.

2. Is there a way to apply the same transition between every clip in my timeline or do I have to add it separately between each clip?

I know I'll probably have other questions, but if someone could point me in the right direction for now, I'd be more than grateful!!!!

Sincerely,
gail
gmarlin
New User
New User

Re: Hello, I'm new and need some help

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:50 pm

1. What effect are you trying to remove? Applied Effects is a listing of all the effects you've added to your clips. It's not an effect itself. Motion and Opacity are a part of every clip and can not be removed. But any individual effects you've added should be removed simply by clicking the trash can icon at the right of each listing.

2. Just double-click on the transition on your timeline. This will open the transition in Transition Adjustments and the name of the transition will appear there.

3. On page 137 of "The Muvipix.com Guide to Premiere Elements 2023" you'll see how to add the Default Transition to several clips or your entire movie at once. By default the the Cross Dissolve is the default transition, but you can make it any transition you like by right-clicking on the transition in the Transitions panel and selecting the "Set as Default" option.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby gmarlin » Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:17 pm

Oh hello, Steve! I didn't realize I'd be talking with you! What an honor! :)
1. I think I must be using the wrong terms..sorry... I'm still learning.

I'm trying to remove a Picture in Picture effect. I don't think I'm opening the right thing because I don't see anything but the Motion section and the Opacity section. Isn't there some way to open it and then click a trash can?
2. YES! I just found that in your book! Duh... It was so easy! Thank you!
3. hmmm... Ok. I'll read page 137. My clips don't have a transition by default. They just stop and then the next one starts... like an on/off switch. (I'm just now starting to add my transitions.)
Thank you so much for your help!!!
gmarlin
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:06 pm

We're all glad to help you out! That's what Muvipix is all about!

A picture-in-picture effect usually involves two tracks of video. Please post a screen capture of your timeline and the clip you're trying to change.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

augh... I'm so frustrated (& I know it's probably me)

Postby gmarlin » Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:24 pm

I have Adobe Premiere Elements 2023. I'm trying to use a Text named "06FormalGeneralListRight" See 2 attachments. (sorry. One attachment. I couldn't upload my video.)
I DID figure out how to change the texts but I can NOT figure out how to work with the background. I clicked all over that graphic trying to get the Background field to open up. I don't want that red crap. I want green or brown or something else. Oh and I can't get the "media offline" deleted either. :(
Please someone help... I know it's me. :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gmarlin
New User
New User

Postby sidd finch » Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:55 pm

You can right-click on offline clips in the Project panel and choose Link Media to display the Link Media dialog box.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby gmarlin » Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:27 pm

I'm sorry but I don't know what you mean. If "Project panel" means "Monitor Panel" I've right clicked everywhere and nothing. I don't see Link Media anywhere. :(
gmarlin
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:45 am

Are you working on this project in the same version of the program that you started your project in?

It's strange to see Missing Media indicators on a title!
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Premiere Elements 2023