They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Food Showcase

Talk about anything here.

Re: Food Showcase

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:38 pm

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that even your dinners are a work of art, Sidd.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby ed » Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:53 pm

It all looks so delicious. What was that you were cooking the turkey in? How do get an invitation?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Peru » Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:56 pm

Well done. Perfectly executed transitions. :tup:
Peru

Postby sidd finch » Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:27 pm

Thank you for the kind words. We were at our friends house which helped make the setting so enjoyable. Traditionally they invite a lot of friend that don't have their own dinner so I can score you an invite Ed once this pandemic is done... lol

The pan is a roasting pan and I think she used a chicken broth base. There were actually 2 Turkeys. The brown turkey that was being carved is a KFC deep fried turkey that they sell around there during Thanksgiving and Christmas. Those are also quite delicious too.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Dave McElderry » Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:35 pm

Oh man. I didn't see a thing there except the tablecloth that I wouldn't chow down on, and then I'd skip seconds and go back for thirds. Looks delicious, and nicely videoed for maximum effect. Great song, too!. :TU:
Can I get in on that invite next year? :)
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby sidd finch » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:04 pm

Dave My friend would be tickled pink to know so many folks enjoyed seeing her Meal and accouterments.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby ed » Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:24 am

For Christmas I got a food vacuum sealer and a sous vide container (I already had a sous vide I use for developing color film) as a gift.

I don't eat red meat outside of summer smoker burgers these days, but I had my son over during the holidays and cooked a couple of NY strip steaks with the sous vide. I sprinkled some salt and pepper and a little garlic and onion powder on the the steaks, then vacuum sealed them. I like my steaks around medium, so I let them them rest at 140 degrees for 2.5 hours, then seared them on a hot cast iron pan for 30 seconds on each side.

The best steaks I've ever had. I will definitely use this method from here on out.

IMG_0543.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby ed » Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:54 am

Four Clove Garlic Chicken

This is one of my wife's favorites, I made it last night, it's so simple with few ingredients. If you like garlic you will like this. If you want the full recipe message me, or I can post it as a comment.

ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby sidd finch » Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:43 am

Ed you food work always looks tasty and inviting. How about a food presentation with your Yashica camera?

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby ed » Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:51 am

What are you making for the Super Bowl? I always make chili. This year I’m adding thick slab maple smoked bacon. It’s going to be hot!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby sidd finch » Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:32 am

ed that sounds pretty tasty. Our friends (the one that I shared the Thanksgiving video) makes a mean chili with rice to add and additional hotdogs and buns..... it is early in the morning and already I am hungry.

This year it is just the family so I think we will try the 7 layer bean dip. One of our staples is French onion dip with chips. We make it with organic yogurt.... when is that game again... lol

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby Dave McElderry » Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:46 am

Wow, the chili does sound good. And so does the 7 layer bean dip. We're not making anything special, as it'll just be the two of us. But I am making fettuccine alfredo for Valentines Day tomorrow if that counts :) . Sidd, is that a stock photo or does your bean dip really look that good? If it does, I'm impressed. Go Bengals!

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby ed » Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:06 pm

Sidd's looks delicious, and that sounds great Dave. Are you making the pasta?

I'll post a photo of the final dish, if I try to document it I'll mess it up ;)
ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby sidd finch » Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:10 pm

Dave sorry no stock photo. But I will take a picture of our actual creation and post.

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby Dave McElderry » Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:35 pm

ed wrote:Sidd's looks delicious, and that sounds great Dave. Are you making the pasta?

No, but I'll try to get some "fresh" from the grocery instead of dried. The supply chain being what is is nowadays I've been finding lots of empty shelves.

Dave McElderry

PreviousNext

Return to Water Cooler