They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

GoPro Editing Software

Talk about the "World's Most Versatile Camera™" here.

Re: GoPro Editing Software

Postby sidd finch » Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:39 pm

These might help:

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby trekker34 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:50 pm

The problem is that the program can't detect my camera when plugged in and no media shows up when I try to import manually. Absolutely no idea why for both.

I think I'm going to try and sell the two Fusion 360s that we have and try the Insta360 One X2. They only use a single memory card and the desktop software and app seem pretty simple.

From day 1, the GoPros have been infruiating to use. No explanation of why they don't work and the support I received directly from GoPro pretty much amounted to them shrugging their shoulders. Terrible.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
trekker34
New User
New User

Postby sidd finch » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:37 pm

No sure if you tried to remove the SD cards and upload with out using the camera?

But I can tell you that the Insta360 one x2 is a whole lotta fun. I am a new user. Couple of issues to be aware of The studio app for computer only allows for editing one clip at a time. So does not work like a full fledged editor. If you have Premiere Cloud there is a free plugin to edit for Premiere Pro. Not sure if PRE Elements works or not.

I would suggest trying to download some test footage and mess around with the studio app to see if you like it before you buy the camera. That way you get a feel for the program before you spend on a new camera. the studio app is free.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby trekker34 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:39 pm

That's a real good idea, thanks! Is there somewhere I can download test footage and try it?

When you say it can only edit one video at a time, what exactly do you mean? Is there an instance where you'd want to edit multiple videos at once? Perhaps I'm not fully understanding.

And, yes, I did try to upload the videos to the GoPro player directly from my SD cards. Still didn't work. 100% prepared to ditch the GoPros altogether. Horrendous in every way possible.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
trekker34
New User
New User

Postby sidd finch » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:45 am

When you say it can only edit one video at a time, what exactly do you mean?

You cannot place multiple clips on a timeline and then edit them, you can only edit one clip at a time, export the finished clip the use a video editor to import the finished clips to edit on a time line. A Google search should turn up some 360 footage to download.

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby trekker34 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:54 am

Hmm, that's interesting. I know there's an app, as well, for editing. Have you tried it? Is it any better than the desktop software?

I am so grateful for your assistance. Many thanks thus far!
trekker34
New User
New User

Postby sidd finch » Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:15 pm

Yes the mobile app is really cool. It uses the gyro function of the phone to rotate the view of the clip. Nice for keyframing and pretty easy. But it is editing on a phone which is pretty processor intense for the phone. To get the best result you need to copies the files to the phone edit then output. depending on the phone that can be a slow process.

Sidd
sidd finch

Previous

Return to GoPro Cameras