They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

The Moka Pot - prendiamo un caffè

Talk about anything here.

Re: The Moka Pot - prendiamo un caffè

Postby sidd finch » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:55 pm

Ed that looks like a really cool idea, I am interested to see how it works for you. Since I have made the Moka pot video it has become my go to morning cup of coffee. I just got a turkish coffee maker so I will be making a video of that one in the coming days.

Happy Fathers day early :)

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby ed » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:52 am

I will definitely report back Sidd.

Hey, now that you have a French press have you made iced coffee? I use it for that in the summer. My go to is 1/3 cup beans (ground rough like sea salt size) to 1 1/2 cups cold water. I double it for my press. Put the grinds in, add the water, and mix gently for a few minutes. Then put the top on, but above the liquid, and put in the refrigerator over night. Always turns out great.

IMG_0423.JPG

IMG_0426.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby sidd finch » Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:44 am

That iced coffee looks really good. I guess in my coffee adventures I kind of somehow forgot about iced coffee. My coffee ritual is to get up early and make a fresh brew whil everyone is sleeping. Tends to make the experience better. But now that the weather is heating up I will need to give iced coffee a visit. who knows maybe a video... lol

Its funny I save the coffee grounds and use them in the garden to prevent feral cats from getting too comfortable, and It also is a good soil additive for some types of plants. But with all the new types of coffee pots I notice the coffee grounds output is starting to really pile up....

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:41 am

Just as an aside to the Moka Pot. The only problem that I have encountered with it is that, eventually, the seal between the top and bottom parts of the pot perishes. Fortunately it is possible to buy spare ones on Amazon :)

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=moka+pot+bia ... doa-p_1_11
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby sidd finch » Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:36 am

Thanks John, this is a timely update as my Moka Pot has been getting a heavy workout and it good to know you can replace the seal.

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby ed » Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:03 am

Happy National Coffee Day Sidd!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby sidd finch » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:54 am

Ed how cool is that. My moka pot will get a workout today as I might brew two cups today.

And, Starbucks aficionados can get a free cup of coffee today if you bring in a clean cup they will fill it with a Pike's Peak roast. Ahhhhh Dave might be time to break out the 20 oz mug and start hitting the local Starbucks.

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby Dave McElderry » Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:37 am

Sidd, I'm trying to reduce my coffee intake!

One-Cup.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby sidd finch » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:04 am

Coffee cup size looks good, but should probably only have half that pastry. :hyst:

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby ed » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:41 pm

ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Dave McElderry » Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:18 pm

Ed, this is going off-topic (what's new), but Breaking Bad is one of my favorites. We took to watching the whole series several times. You may have just prodded me into watching it again, if I can talk my wife into another round. Poor Gale wasn't long for this world. Still awaiting the final season of Better Call Saul. Fortunately it sounds like Bob Odenkirk is recovered from his mild heart attack and from what I read they're back on track for finishing the series.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby Dave McElderry » Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:19 pm

sidd finch wrote:Coffee cup size looks good, but should probably only have half that pastry. :hyst:

:CS:

Dave McElderry

Postby sidd finch » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:07 am

Ed the celebration was so much fun I decided to extend it at my house indefinitely and have lots of coffee every day.

Sidd
sidd finch

Previous

Return to Water Cooler