They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Insta360 One X2 - Taking the plunge

Talk about anything here.

Insta360 One X2 - Taking the plunge

Postby sidd finch » Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:04 pm

Well I finally broke down and purchased the Insta360 One X2 camera. So far this is pretty cool, but I am reminded at how clumsy I am using the camera to record. 360 is just a different beast but has some really cool features. I think what makes it is the software the camera uses for editing. Allowing the user to get some interesting shots. While not a GoPro by any sense it does give some unique perspectives. The most interesting is that you can edit the footage on your smartphone as well as computer. The program takes advantage of the gyroscope in the camera to position the phone to get different recorded shots.

I'll see what I can muster up.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Re: Insta360 One X2 - Taking the plunge

Postby ed » Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:38 pm

Can't wait to see what you post.
ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:19 am

You're always on the cutting edge, Sidd! I too am looking forward to your results.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Dave McElderry » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:38 am

Be sure to give us a full review. It would have to be pretty special at that price.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby sidd finch » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:03 pm

I spent the morning recording and the afternoon editing. And, found the following details. Just be aware that as a newbie I only know what I know so I am sure there some advanced ways to do what I am trying to do. In 360 mode max output resolution is 1080P at about 75mbps. I am really used to 4k so resolution is just a bit different. I recorded on the camera and edited in the insta360 desktop app.

The app is brilliant and a complete mess at the same time. Good points first. You record your 360video and import it into the desktop application. You can leave as 360 video or switch to free capture which is what I am doing. This allows you to select a 16x9 section of the 360 video anywhere you want. Very Very cool. all the editing is done by keyframes. you can then change the attributes of the video as well as adjust the pan and roll.

Some of the aggravations is that is seems like the editor is designed to edit clips and not a timeline to add multiple clips. There is no project file to save. You open the clip and there are your edits. Different...

I also realized that the camera is made with the selfie in mind which is not my thing. I am reminded of the comedienne Mom's Mabely quote. "He's so ugly it hurt my feelings" Kind of sums me up... lol

But this is a fun camera and has some potential to get some cool shots. But so far my GoPro is winning the battle.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Return to Water Cooler