They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

where is auto backup of catalog?

Specific to Premiere Elements version 2021

where is auto backup of catalog?

Postby kenskopp » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:56 am

Hi Steve,

I just upgraded from 2018 to 2021 PSE & PRE. I have five catalogs which I have on my secondary Internal 3T Drive "E". I have converted one catalog and did on autobackup. I have programs on my "C" drive. My questions is where does PSE put autoback up of a catalog? With 2018, I curently manually backup catalogs to my "E" drive. What is the relationship between auto backup and if I manually backup catalog. I don't want backups on both my "C" and "E" drives.

I will be geting your manuals in near future.

Ken Skopp
Intel Core i7-4770 (3.4GHz, 8MB Shared Cache), Windows 10, One 1TB internal SSD drive (C) and 1 3TB internal drive (E), 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT720, 16GB DDR3-1600MHz, 16GB mSATA SSD Cache, Two External Hard Drives: 3TB (K) and 1TB (H).
kenskopp
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: where is auto backup of catalog?

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:50 pm

Hi, Ken. It might be best if you'd just post an open question rather than directing your questions directly to me. This is one of those cases when there's probably someone who can answer this question better than I can.

I don't know what you mean when you say "autoback up". If you're talking about the Organizer backup, I'm only aware of a manually set up backup where you direct Organizer to back your catalog up to an external drive or online backup site.

If there's an autobackup that's automatically backing up your catalog to a place on your hard drive, I'm not sure what that is or what value it would have.

Am I misunderstanding something? And please, anyone, feel free to chime in if you know something I don't.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby kenskopp » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:57 am

Hello All,

I solved my problem. In the folder c:\programdata\adobe\elements organizer\catalogs\, I found my 5 old catalogs and the five converted catalogs for PSE2021 plus the autobackup folder. I deleted the auto backup folder and will delete the five catalogs for PSE 2018.

Ken Skopp
Intel Core i7-4770 (3.4GHz, 8MB Shared Cache), Windows 10, One 1TB internal SSD drive (C) and 1 3TB internal drive (E), 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT720, 16GB DDR3-1600MHz, 16GB mSATA SSD Cache, Two External Hard Drives: 3TB (K) and 1TB (H).
kenskopp
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:21 pm

And what do you know? There is an autobackup file! Thanks, Ken. You just taught me something!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Premiere Elements 2021