They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2021
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 17
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

VEGAS DVD Architect becoming scarce

A new addition to Muvipix, with support and discussion of Sony's DVD Architect Studio.

VEGAS DVD Architect becoming scarce

Postby vkmast » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:49 am

Starting with the release of VEGAS Pro 18 on August 3, 2020, the authoring and burning program VEGAS DVD Architect (sometimes also known as DVDA 7) is no longer available in the product bundles where it was previously included (VEGAS Pro, VEGAS Pro Suite, VEGAS Movie Studio Platinum and VEGAS Movie Studio Suite).
And the vegascreativesoftware.com website page for DVD Architect is no longer available to allow people to purchase it.

AFAIK, you will still be able to purchase it, but you will need to contact MAGIX Sales directly. Also, they will still be offering customer support on the product.
vkmast

Re: VEGAS DVD Architect becoming scarce

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:21 pm

This REALLY breaks my heart! There's no more powerful, easy-to-use disc authoring program anywhere else.
3.6 ghz i7-7700 running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit with 16 gigs RAM and a 2 terrabyte HD. Also iMac 2.6 ghz dual-core, 4 gigs of RAM, running OSX El Capitan and Boot Camp Windows 10 64-bit.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby sidd finch » Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:19 pm

With everything racing towards being online I would think that the demand for DVD's would be receding. The last couple of computers did not even have a DVD drive in them and our home DVD player is seldom used.

Sidd
Vivere memento. – 'Remember to live..'
sidd finch

Postby Dave McElderry » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:47 pm

Steve Grisetti wrote:This REALLY breaks my heart! There's no more powerful, easy-to-use disc authoring program anywhere else.

Me too. I still want the option to burn to disc, and that’s my favorite tool for that. I hope the present version I’ve got continues to work. I know better than to try to live in the past, but that’s one go-to program that I’d like to be able to use for a while.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Studio XPS 435T, 2.93 GHz i7-940; Win 10-64; 24GB RAM; Samsung 512GB SSD (OS); two 1TB HDDs; GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB
Dave McElderry

Postby vkmast » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:33 am

A comment from the VEGAS dev team on the decision here

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/ ... /#ca765412
vkmast

Postby Dave McElderry » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:24 am

vkmast wrote:A comment from the VEGAS dev team on the decision here

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/ ... /#ca765412

Thanks for the link. No surprises I guess. I understand why they wouldn’t put further money into development, but why not continue to offer it or include it with a disclaimer that it’s no longer supported and is included as a convenience to those who may find it useful. The cost to them is nothing.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Studio XPS 435T, 2.93 GHz i7-940; Win 10-64; 24GB RAM; Samsung 512GB SSD (OS); two 1TB HDDs; GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB
Dave McElderry

Postby sidd finch » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:08 am

I used to create a lot of DVD's for projects and family videos but slowly I have converted over to an online streaming method via Vimeo. It allows me to make videos that are private and I can send them out via e-mail. For folks who stream online they can download the Vimeo app on their TV and watch the videos on their TV.

One of the advantages is that I can quickly update the video on Vimeo by uploading the new replacement. It keeps the same link and the viewer can watch the updated version. I can also create playlists which would be the equivalent of a DVD by having all the videos I would have burned to DVD on a separate playlist. I can also create a viewer list so it can only be viewed by folks I authorize.

Granted the mindset is a bit different but I have been really happy with the result and I do not have to worry about loosing DVD of if they get ruined in storage.

Sidd
Vivere memento. – 'Remember to live..'
sidd finch

Postby Bob » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:29 pm

The surprise is not that they are dropping it, but that they waited so long to do it.

I was the holdout in my family, but even I haven't burned a disk in over 5 years. At home, I stream from a media server on my home network and can view from any device. I don't use vimeo or YouTube, but I'll share with friends using a service like dropbox or, if they ask, a thumb drive.

I can understand why they would not include DVDA with new releases. Laws vary around the world, but, in general, there are some implied warranties and legal obligations even if they state that it is unsupported. It's better to just drop it.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Bob

Return to DVD Architect