They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Flowers at the Museum

Premiere Pro discussions.

Flowers at the Museum

Postby sidd finch » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:34 pm

One of my favorite places to record video is the local Egyptian Museum. Got my mask on and got there early before most folks showed up. The flowers are blooming and it was a beautiful day to record some footage. Recorded on an iPhone with an Anamorphic lens.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Re: Flowers at the Museum

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:13 pm

Sidd, you can make even phone footage look professional.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby sidd finch » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:30 am

Thanks Steve. I have been meaning to try some footage with the phone so after watching Dave's recent video it kind of kick started me to try out the phone with the lens. I did encounter an issue with the footage. Everything edited perfectly unless I added warp stabilizer. When I did it smoothed out the footage but gave me an error when trying to render.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Dave McElderry » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:45 am

sidd finch wrote:Thanks Steve. I have been meaning to try some footage with the phone so after watching Dave's recent video it kind of kick started me to try out the phone with the lens. I did encounter an issue with the footage. Everything edited perfectly unless I added warp stabilizer. When I did it smoothed out the footage but gave me an error when trying to render.

Sidd

On a somewhat related note, I had seen that when using Filmic Pro you want to turn off stabilization (in Filmic Pro settings) if the phone has its own stabilization, or if you’re using a gimbal. It causes tiny correction jiggles in the footage. I actually played around with it and found that they were right.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby sidd finch » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:51 am

Good insight Dave, I will check it out. I was using a gimbal and I did notice there were little shake going on.

If the camera is using the filmic pro app, do I need to only turn off the stabilization in the app or do I need to turn it off on the iPhone as well??

Thank you
Sidd
sidd finch

Postby Dave McElderry » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:27 pm

sidd finch wrote:If the camera is using the filmic pro app, do I need to only turn off the stabilization in the app or do I need to turn it off on the iPhone as well??
Sidd

I wasn’t aware that you can turn it off in the phone settings, so I didn’t. I don’t have that option in Camera settings. Am I in the right place? iPhone SE 2020.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby sidd finch » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:51 pm

I wasn’t aware that you can turn it off in the phone settings

That is what I thought too. I am also using an iPhone SE 2020. Just thought you might know something I missed.

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby Dave McElderry » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:15 pm

sidd finch wrote:That is what I thought too. I am also using an iPhone SE 2020. Just thought you might know something I missed.

I can say that once I turned it off in Filmic Pro I got good results.

Dave McElderry

Postby Dave McElderry » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:21 pm

Sidd, I’ve been doing some reading and found that apparently the biggest problem with OIS is when you’re walking and shooting at the same time, which I rarely do. I’m not very steady on my feet. That’s probably why I didn’t have a problem.

Didn’t mean to hijack your thread. I can’t watch your video on my phone app that I use to read the forum. Looking forward to it when I get on a computer.

Dave McElderry

Postby momoffduty » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:59 pm

Sidd, I liked the walk thru the palms and the close up of the flowers. Smooth filming as usual.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby sidd finch » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:46 am

Thanks Mom. For me the gimbal is a necessity. The few times I record without it it feels like I am recording from a shake table. I also like to move around when filming so I think the gimbal helps to smooth it out. I am going to go back this weekend and see if I can capture more footage of the bees pollinating the lavender. It looked pretty interesting.

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby Dave McElderry » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:48 am

Finally got back to actually watching this. You have a good feel for the little nuances that keep it interesting. It's amazing what iPhone video can be now. Wish we had a place or two locally that offered the same kind of possibilities as the museum.

Dave McElderry

Postby sidd finch » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:50 am

Thanks Dave. If it is any consolation your recent lighthouse video really inspired me to try out the anamorphic lens with my iPhone SE. Smartphones are so much fun to try and record with just because there are so many apps and gadgets being made to support videography.

It is pretty nice having a couple of places close to go out and test out gadgets and ideas.

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby Dave McElderry » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:08 pm

I was doing some searching today and found a number of botanical gardens that are within day trip range, and one that’s only 60 miles away. That’s very doable. Now if this heatwave that we’re having breaks it may be time to go play!

Dave McElderry

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:14 am

:hj:

Dave McElderry wrote:...Now if this heatwave that we’re having breaks it may be time to go play!

Dave, what is a heatwave?

Here in Blighty we are on track for the wettest July ever recorded. My toes are turning into duck's feet and I am in the process of going red. It isn't sunburn it is rust! :(
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Next

Return to Premiere Pro