They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Impressionism

Talk about anything here.

Impressionism

Postby sidd finch » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:52 pm

What to do when the weather outside does not cooperate to record with the camera and macro lens?....... We need the rain but not much to record.

Well if all else fails, shoot some macro video of a painting of the outside..... :conf:

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Re: Impressionism

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:53 am

Sidd, you've got such an eye for video.

I love to go to art museums and look at a painting from across the room and then study the brush strokes by practically pressing my nose up to it. This video does this. It's like being able to see the artist's individual brush stroke decisions.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby sidd finch » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:16 am

Thank you Steve.

I never really considered painting much other than I enjoy Impressionist painting. That is until I was watching an TV series by Waldemar Januszczak called "The Impressionists" and he commented that to really appreciate the artwork you should be standing close to it to see it. The brushstrokes seem so sloppy and random that it is only when you step back you get a sense of the painting.

This is the complete painting:

IMG_0018.JPG

Sidd
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby momoffduty » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:46 am

Very cool macro shots of the painting. Sidd, I guess you could say you made an art art video :)
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Dave McElderry » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:49 pm

Gave me a whole new perspective. I wish I had your motivation (energy) for these projects. And the music was a great match, too!
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby sidd finch » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:33 pm

Thanks Mom & Dave.

Mom it was an art art video. Recorded inside of the outside... lol

Dave I think the biggest motivator on this one was boredom. Weather horrible outside and nothing to do. I also just finished watching a documentary by Waldemar Januszczak called "The Impressionists". I am guessing my loved ones are happy that this video bug keeps me quiet and occupied.... Even if they are a little embarrassed.... :ha:

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby sidd finch » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:06 am

Dave the music is from the late composer Barrington Pheloung who passed away in August of last year.

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby Dave McElderry » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:09 pm

sidd finch wrote:Dave the music is from the late composer Barrington Pheloung who passed away in August of last year.

Thanks!
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby momoffduty » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:50 pm

sidd finch wrote:Thanks Mom & Dave.

Mom it was an art art video. Recorded inside of the outside... lol

Dave I think the biggest motivator on this one was boredom. Weather horrible outside and nothing to do. I also just finished watching a documentary by Waldemar Januszczak called "The Impressionists". I am guessing my loved ones are happy that this video bug keeps me quiet and occupied.... Even if they are a little embarrassed.... :ha:

Sidd

Love the link you shared!
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby sidd finch » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:35 pm

I like how they turned famous impressionist paintings int real life caricatures...

Sidd
sidd finch

Return to Water Cooler