They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Fun with Macro video

Talk about anything here.

Fun with Macro video

Postby sidd finch » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:10 pm

Well I finally got my hands on a Sony RX0 II which is a fun little camera. So I thought I would test it out shooting some macro video of the ants looking for food. I helped a little and placed a couple of drops of sugar water to "encourage" their participation. Comments always welcome.

And here is the 4k version:

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Re: Fun with Macro video

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:39 pm

Sidd, these are extraordinary little videos! But now I itch like crazy.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: Fun with Macro video

Postby sidd finch » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:33 am

I think once you get past the creepiness factor this ants are pretty interesting. The drops of sugar water are about the only way to keep them in one place long enough to record. Otherwise it is a lot like watching the traffic on a highway as they scurry up and down the branches.

I am really enjoying the RX0 II. I like the image quality but the menu structure is a bit challenging the way items are nested. I think it will just take some time to be more familiar. One thing I find disappointing is the battery life as they do not last very long. Hopefully some one will start making a battery pack that can be attached to the unit. It also requires a 1amp charge to power the unit when recording. Its not really an action camera but more of a really small RX100 camera.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Return to Water Cooler