They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Dual Fish Eye Stitching & 360 Stabilization effects missing

Talk about the Sony Vegas line of products.

Re: Dual Fish Eye Stitching & 360 Stabilization effects miss

Postby sidd finch » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:17 pm

Sorry to hear that you had so many issues.

Most programs are really designed to be forward facing leveraging the most out of the latest technology has to offer. Trying to retrofit the newest software to a platform that is 10 years old can be problematic. Even when the manufactures says it is ok to use. Things like minimum requirements can be a bit misleading even under the best of circumstances.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby NeilBreakwell » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:07 pm

Interesting point, Sidd ..

I wonder if everyone who has this working is using Windows 10, including Steve in his excellent video ?

Perhaps it really doesn't work with Windows 7 at all and Magix just say that it does so that they can sell more copies to mugs like me.

- Neil
NeilBreakwell

Postby vkmast » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:26 pm

Sidd makes very valid points in his post. There are most likely more features there that may not work even though the minimum specifications are met. That is why it's always advisable to use a free trial first. This recommendation is also a Sticky on the Magix Vegas Community user forum (https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/ ... y--109070/)
vkmast

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:54 am

As everyone on this forum knows, I'm a big proponent of Windows 10. I liked Windows 7 -- and I liked Windows XP, for that matter.

But an upgrade to Windows 10 is not only easy but inevitable. And -- dare I say it -- I think it will fix more problems than it will cause. I see very little downside to upgrading your operating system (except for the ~$150 cost). And it will likely resolve the strangeness you've been experiencing.

(Though I welcome any disagreement. I'm just speaking from my own experience.)
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby sidd finch » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:12 am

I would also suggest that if you do decide to move to windows 10 (I also would recommend), Upgrade as a fresh install and do not install as an upgrade. There have been some issues when upgrading from WIn 7 to windows 10. A fresh install of windows 10 will be the least amount of effort.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby NeilBreakwell » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:15 am

Understood ... thanks, guys.

I'll may try this at some stage, but can't afford to buy Windows 10 right now.

@Steve ... was your video, which shows the 360 degree editing, made with Windows 10 ?

best regards
- Neil
NeilBreakwell

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:20 am

But of course.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:14 am

Neil, take a look at the Water Cooler topic titled "DaVinci Resolve." This taken from there:-

Chris B wrote:Sorry - Didn't realise you were still on Win7.

When the free upgrade offer was available the upgrade path for Windows 7 Ultimate was to Windows 10 Pro - which (I think) is why the move to home is considered a downgrade. There reports that despite the free period being over if you run the upgrade tool it "just works".
https://www.zdnet.com/article/heres-how ... 0-upgrade/

Obviously the usual rules apply - make sure you have a full system backup in case something goes wrong etc.
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby NeilBreakwell » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:08 am

The reason that I purchased this package on DVD instead of downloading it was because my internet access is via a prepaid "broadband dongle", which costs a fortune to download more than a few tens of MB.

I have downloaded a trial version of Windows10 from another computer, where I have unlimited access and installed onto my computer. Then tried to install and activate VMSP16 using broadband dongle on my computer with trial Windows10. Next problem ... Windows10 will not recognize the broadband dongle ! Neither my blood pressure nor my wallet will take any more.

Think I will go back to making movies on cine film and editing by cutting the film and gluing together ... less stressful by far :)

But seriously, folks ... will just have to find another package to convert the dual fish eye media before editing in VMSP16. Seems like the simplest solution.

Thanks again.
NeilBreakwell

Postby sidd finch » Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:48 pm

will just have to find another package to convert the dual fish eye media before editing in VMSP16

I would suggest trying some of the free stitching programs that come from some of the other 360 camera mfg's. They should all work.

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:52 am

Here's CyberLink's free 360 editor. But, if you're paying for every internet use, I guess no download is really free for you.
https://www.cyberlink.com/learning/vide ... g-gear-360
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Previous

Return to Vegas