They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Sunsurveyor - Golden Hour

Talk about anything here.

Sunsurveyor - Golden Hour

Postby sidd finch » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:41 am

Sun Surveyor takes the mystery out of the sunrise, sunset, and moon phases, allowing photographers and filmmakers to scout the best locations, plan effectively, and get the perfect shot.

- View augmented reality projections of the sun and moon paths, pinpoint the time the sun or moon will be at a particular location in the sky

- Predict and plan for the golden hour, blue hour and every sunrise, sunset, moonrise and moonset

- Prepare night photography shots with the Milky Way & star trail features

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Re: Sunsurveyor - Golden Hour

Postby Bob » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:09 am

If you are interested in this kind of app, you should also take a look at Photopills. These two apps are very similar in their main functionality and are within a dollar of each other in cost. Photopills was originally an iOS app but now it's available on Android too. I've seen more references to Photopills on Milky Way photography sites, but really they are almost a push. Sun Surveyor is a bit easier to use, but Photopills does a little more. Either would be a worthwhile addition to your toolbox.

If you don't want to spend any money, take a look at the desktop version of TPE (The Photorapher's Ephemeris). It's been around much longer and the user interface is dated, but it also does some of same functions.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Bob

Postby sidd finch » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:49 am

Thanks Bob I will check it out. Living in a metropolitan city it is sometimes difficult to know where the sun is because of all the buildings. Many time I look at googlemaps to figure out where I would expect the sun to be relative to where I am interested in recording.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby TreeTopsRanch » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:25 pm

Don't have that problem here in most of Oregon. :)
Well maybe in Portland perhaps.
TreeTopsRanch
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Bob » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:06 pm

Just noticed, Photopills has a drone planner mode: https://www.photopills.com/blog/drone-update
Bob

Postby sidd finch » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:44 pm

Don't have that problem here in most of Oregon.

Sadly we are knee deep in concrete and it is always a challenge. Bob good to know that it has the drone planner mode. Knowing where the sun is really helpful when trying to plan where to fly.

Sidd
sidd finch

Return to Water Cooler