They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

DVD Architect or Adobe Encore

A new addition to Muvipix, with support and discussion of Sony's DVD Architect Studio.

DVD Architect or Adobe Encore

Postby VernonRobinson » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:50 am

Team,
I have access to Adobe Encore CS6, but I was wondering if it was worthwhile to pick up DVD Architect. I am working on a project with a lot of stills. I wanted to create an EXTRAS section to allow the user to index through the pictures one by one while they are watching and talking. Seems like I remember doing this in an earlier version of DVD Architect. Maybe version 4. I have not tried it in Encore. Any recommendations/insights?

Also, is DVD Architect available separately? Looking at their website it looks like it is for $99.00. Seems like I remember it being cheaper, but who knows, maybe my failing memory. Occasionally I think it is 1972 again.

Thanks,
-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: DVD Architect or Adobe Encore

Postby Chris B » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:13 am

As far as I know (but please confirm before purchase) there is now no "Studio" version of DVD Architect - meaning you always get the pro version.

If you watch the deals on the Vegas store then there are often discounts. For example today DVD Architect is $99.99 but Movie Studio Platinum - which includes DVD Architect - is $79.99.
Intel Core i7 8700 - 32GB DDR4 - 500GB Evo 970 SSD - 3+2 TB HDD - GTX 1080- MSI Z370 Pro - Win10 64 bit - Cannon HV30 (PAL) - Sony A6000 - GoPro 3 Black
Chris B

Postby Dave McElderry » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:19 am

DVD Architect Studio 5.0 is still available as a download. I know Amazon has it at $39.95. I’m not sure exactly what functions you need for browsing photos, but maybe just a slideshow and the pause button on your DVD/Blu-Ray player when you need more time on a particular one? I have no experience with Encore.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby VernonRobinson » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:56 am

Thanks for the replies. I am not ready for the menus just yet. I am still re-learning editing and other lost skills. I have decided to go the subscription root with Adobe and that means Premiere Pro. However, they have the older version of Encore. It seems that people have moved away from disks. Actually, I am starting to think people have moved away from our hobby altogether. Compared to earlier years, the forums are unusually quiet.

Thanks again,
-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to DVD Architect