They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

How to create an animated shape

Specific to Premiere Elements version 2019

How to create an animated shape

Postby just.srad » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:01 pm

How to create an animated shape to hightlight keyword when doing a presentation like the one in attachment.
i believe this question should have been asked before... just that i could not find it. So hope don't mind pointing me
to the place where i can find the answer.

Thanks.

This is a training video by Steve.. lol.

Justin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
just.srad
New User
New User

Re: How to create an animated shape

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:25 pm

It sounds like you're asking how to create thumbnails for your Organizer Albums. Is that right, Justin? It's not possible to create an animated keyword that I know of.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:59 pm

I think the question pertains to the "Oval" shape around the text/menu and how to create that shape in Premiere Elements on a clip, is that correct Justin?

Considering this is one of Steve's videos the oval would probably be part of a tool called Camtasia by Techsmith.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby just.srad » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:03 pm

Yes, Chuck. You are right . How do i create that oval shape in animated form?
just.srad
New User
New User

Postby just.srad » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:09 pm

Steve Grisetti wrote:It sounds like you're asking how to create thumbnails for your Organizer Albums. Is that right, Justin? It's not possible to create an animated keyword that I know of.

It's about the animated Oval shape that you created for that presentation.

How do you do that?
just.srad
New User
New User

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:24 am

This is how I would do it although I suspect there are different ways to achieve the required result. Please note that I use PPro so I have had to make an assumption about how it might work in PrEl.

Firstly I would use Photoshope Elements to create a circular graphic on a transparent background. This video clip shows how to do that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj4ED2W_fTQ

Then I would follow these steps that I found via Google.

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/premiere-ele ... phics.html

Hope that is helpful. :)
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby just.srad » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:47 am

Thanks John for your reply.

I did try to create a circle using GIMP and save as png file. From the Abode guide, the graphic is from Graphics panel but my graphic is a standalone file.

Not sure how do i proceed from here.
just.srad
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:57 am

Animated graphics like that are usually created in a program like After Effects. It's pretty simple to create an animated circle or oval and then port it over to Premiere Pro.

It's a bit more of a challenge in Premiere Elements, since the animated graphic would have to be output as a transparent movie in After Effects -- but that would work.

The other option would be to use a simple, transparent graphic (like a transparent PNG) and then create some sort of animation in Premiere Elements. How important is it that it look like a circle is being drawn live over your movie?
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby just.srad » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:04 pm

Hi Steve,

Thanks again for your feedback and at least i have some clues about the thing i;m looking for.

Actually not a critical thing for me right now as i am just exploring using the Premiere Element and Cyber PowerDirector.
just.srad
New User
New User

Postby RJ Johnston » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:10 pm

You can create the oval shape in Premiere Elements. Add default text. The adjustment panel will open up on the right side. Click on the Shapes tab near the top and select the ellipse tool. Draw the shape. To knock out the center, use the Bevel option, and make the fill transparent (select icon with red line through it). You can play around with the other settings. You can delete the default text. Now you can animate the position of the title, which contains your shape.

There's an effect that let's you animate strokes, but it is too complicated for me to use or explain. The effect is named Write-on, and it's next to Lens Flare under Generate heading.
Dell XPS 8940 Intel 8-core 10th gen.-i7 10700K (3.8-5.1 GHz); 32GB DDR4 2933 MHz RAM; 512 GB SSD; 2 TB 7200 HD; BDRE-drive; NVIDIA(R) Geforce(R) RTX 2060 SUPER(TM) 8G8 GDDR6
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby just.srad » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:31 am

Thanks for your feedback , RJ Johnston.
just.srad
New User
New User

Return to PRE version 2019