They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

September is that time of Season

Talk about the "World's Most Versatile Camera™" here.

September is that time of Season

Postby sidd finch » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:55 am

Ahhhh September. New TV shows to watch before they get cancelled, back to school, and ohh yeah the start of the new camera season. Sometimes I think that the "leaked" photos are a creative way to draw interest (...ok I am interested). Looks like the GoPro 7 was "leaked"

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Re: September is that time of Season

Postby RJ Johnston » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:59 pm

Has anyone dared put the GoPro in 33 ft/10 m of water? To me, that would be like betting $500 in a game of blackjack, although the odds should be better with the GoPro.
Dell XPS 8940 Intel 8-core 10th gen.-i7 10700K (3.8-5.1 GHz); 32GB DDR4 2933 MHz RAM; 512 GB SSD; 2 TB 7200 HD; BDRE-drive; NVIDIA(R) Geforce(R) RTX 2060 SUPER(TM) 8G8 GDDR6
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Chris B » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:35 am

I'd say if you know you're going that deep you'd probably be better with a housing - what if you accidentally went to 34 feet - how much tolerance have they built it? (10 Meters of water is 1 atmosphere pressure).

Speaking of new camera's that I really don't need I saw the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K.
https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/blackmagicpocketcinemacamera $1295 body only - "Coming Soon".
Intel Core i7 8700 - 32GB DDR4 - 500GB Evo 970 SSD - 3+2 TB HDD - GTX 1080- MSI Z370 Pro - Win10 64 bit - Cannon HV30 (PAL) - Sony A6000 - GoPro 3 Black
Chris B

Postby sidd finch » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:22 pm

Has anyone dared put the GoPro in 33 ft/10 m of water?

Well I can say that I would hate to be the person who takes it down there only to discover a leak... yikes. I agree on using a housing. Better safe than sorry.

I am really curious to see what GoPro has come up with. Right now 4K at 60fps seems to be the "new" standard and the version 6 already does that. I could only think that they are using a bigger sensor???? If it is just a matter of new sharing features then that would not interest me.

I read a rumor that the camera might have optical stabilization removing the need to use a brush less gimbal but at this point it is just speculation.

Chris I like that Black Magic camera. Or how about the new RED 1 coming out.... so many choices.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Return to GoPro Cameras