They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

How to get an offline installer for Premiere Pro 2017 CC ?

Premiere Pro discussions.

How to get an offline installer for Premiere Pro 2017 CC ?

Postby MGadAllah » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:36 am

Hi,
I would like to install Adobe Premiere Pro in my computer at home but I can not access internet from that computer, so I can not use the creative cloud installer.
I mean the Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017 v11.0
So how to download the installer to install it offline?
Thanks
Just learning!
Mohamed GadAllah
MGadAllah
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: How to get an offline installer for Premiere Pro 2017 CC

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:35 pm

That would be a problem as the software needs to check for a current subscription. Without an internet connection it would quit after 30 days anyway, when it went to check.

Your Creative Cloud desktop applications (such as Premiere Pro and After Effects) are installed directly on your computer, so you won’t need an ongoing Internet connection to use them on a daily basis.
An internet connection is required the first time you install and license your desktop apps, but you can use the apps in offline mode with a valid software license.
The desktop apps will attempt to validate your software licenses every 30 days, but for annual members, you can use the apps for up to 99 days in offline mode
Month-to-month members can use the software for up to 30 days in offline mode.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby MGadAllah » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:53 pm

Yes I know these details and this was the reason for my post to solve it.
Just learning!
Mohamed GadAllah
MGadAllah
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Peru » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:26 pm

MGadAllah wrote:Yes I know these details and this was the reason for my post to solve it.

Unfortunately, there is no solution. You will need to connect to the internet.
Peru

Postby MGadAllah » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:09 pm

Peru wrote:
MGadAllah wrote:Yes I know these details and this was the reason for my post to solve it.

Unfortunately, there is no solution. You will need to connect to the internet.

Thanks my friend
Just learning!
Mohamed GadAllah
MGadAllah
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Bob » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:29 pm

There is an offline installer for Premiere Pro CC 2015.3 but not one for the new Premiere Pro CC 2017. They may provide one later -- the offline installers generally aren't available right away when a new release comes out. Sign on to your Adobe Account and go to the direct download creative cloud apps page for more information on the offline installers.

You can install using the offline installer but it will be considered a limited time trial unless you can connect to the Internet at least once to activate the software. You will need to connect to the Internet once every ninety nine days to maintain activation. (The software will check activation every 30 days. If you are using a month-to-month subscription you will need to connect once a month to stay activated. If you are using the standard annual billed monthly subscription it will still check every 30 days, but you only need to connect once every 99 days.)
Bob

Postby MGadAllah » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:47 am

This is really very bad.
It will not work for me in such circumstances :(
What would you suggest my friends if I can not get an internet access?
What other options I may have?
Just learning!
Mohamed GadAllah
MGadAllah
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Bob » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:35 am

You could take the computer to another location where you have access and install it there. You will still need access periodically to allow the program to verify authentication, but that could probably be done at your home if you have a smart phone that can run as a hot spot and connect via wifi. The amount of data to reauthorize is small.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Bob

Postby MGadAllah » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 am

Bob wrote: if you have a smart phone that can run as a hot spot and connect via wifi. The amount of data to reauthorize is small.
Yes I do have smart phone, but I do not have a wireless connection in the computer as it has regular LAN connection but no wireless. is it possible to connect the regular LAN to a mobile hots pot?
Just learning!
Mohamed GadAllah
MGadAllah
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Peru » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:32 am

What model laptop?
You may be able to add a wireless adapter.
Peru

Postby MGadAllah » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:31 am

Peru wrote:What model laptop?
It is desktop, dell precision t3500.
Peru wrote:You may be able to add a wireless adapter.
May you recommend a one?
Just learning!
Mohamed GadAllah
MGadAllah
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Bob » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:57 pm

Don't rush out and buy something just yet. It's possible to connect the computer and a phone in three ways: wireless, usb connector, and Bluetooth. I only mentioned wifi because that's typically the most common way. Connecting a smart phone like this and sharing the data connection is called tethering and most smartphones can be tethered with one or more of these methods. But, while it may be possible to make the connection, some communications providers disallow tethering or charge extra for the service. Some communication service providers even modify their locked phones and remove that capability. You'll need to check with your provider to see if tethering is allowed under their tariff and what their rules are. Some companies are more lenient than others and you could get cut off for breaking the rules.

Since you don't have wifi or Bluetooth, I'd suggest trying the usb connection. You probably received a suitable cable with your phone. Normally, it's used for charging and transfer of files between the phone and computer. But, it will work for tethering too if you have a suitable driver for the PC and the phone's settings enable it. Enabling tethering on the phone will vary with the specific OS and version. You can google for instructions for tethering your specific phone. Generally, there should be a setting to enable usb tethering in the network settings. Once enabled on the phone, the computer should recognize the connection and you should be able to configuration a connection on the pc and begin using it.

Be sure to disable automatic updates or downloads and keep a close eye on how much data is being used. You don't want to swamp your data connection with massive transfers and downloads.
Bob

Postby MGadAllah » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:06 am

Bob wrote:Don't rush out and buy something just yet. It's possible to connect the computer and a phone in three ways: wireless, usb connector, and Bluetooth. I only mentioned wifi because that's typically the most common way. Connecting a smart phone like this and sharing the data connection is called tethering and most smartphones can be tethered with one or more of these methods. But, while it may be possible to make the connection, some communications providers disallow tethering or charge extra for the service. Some communication service providers even modify their locked phones and remove that capability. You'll need to check with your provider to see if tethering is allowed under their tariff and what their rules are. Some companies are more lenient than others and you could get cut off for breaking the rules.

Since you don't have wifi or Bluetooth, I'd suggest trying the usb connection. You probably received a suitable cable with your phone. Normally, it's used for charging and transfer of files between the phone and computer. But, it will work for tethering too if you have a suitable driver for the PC and the phone's settings enable it. Enabling tethering on the phone will vary with the specific OS and version. You can google for instructions for tethering your specific phone. Generally, there should be a setting to enable usb tethering in the network settings. Once enabled on the phone, the computer should recognize the connection and you should be able to configuration a connection on the pc and begin using it.

Be sure to disable automatic updates or downloads and keep a close eye on how much data is being used. You don't want to swamp your data connection with massive transfers and downloads.
Thanks a lot.
Just learning!
Mohamed GadAllah
MGadAllah
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Return to Premiere Pro