They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Widescreen Playback

Talk about the Sony Vegas line of products.

Widescreen Playback

Postby Richardmotsch » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:36 am

Somehow I didn't setup my project right. I am using the Sony Movie Studio platinum 13 PROGRAM. It is playing on the TV in 4:3 is there anyway I can change to wide screen, in the editing process? So it plays wide screen on my TV (16:9). I hope I don't have to start over my project.
Richardmotsch

Re: Widescreen Playback

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:26 am

It depends.

Is your project and your output 16:9? (You can tell because it may look squished on your TV.)

It may just be that your TV or disc player needs to manually be set up for 16:9. Most commercial DVDs trigger this function automatically, but most home-burned discs do not. I always include a note with my DVDs advising my friends to manually set up their TVs to display my discs 16:9.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Peru » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:25 am

Sometimes the aspect ratio button on the player remote needs to be set to "zoom."
Peru

Postby Richardmotsch » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:49 am

Steve Grisetti wrote:It depends.

Is your project and your output 16:9? (You can tell because it may look squished on your TV.)

It may just be that your TV or disc player needs to manually be set up for 16:9. Most commercial DVDs trigger this function automatically, but most home-burned discs do not. I always include a note with my DVDs advising my friends to manually set up their TVs to display my discs 16:9.

On my computer the preview picture doesn't fill out the screen. When I set up my new project I don't think I setup the DVD widescreen. But I have changed the properties to Template: NTSC DV widescreen 720x480, 29.970 FPS. Also, I have changed the Pixel Aspect Ratio to:1.2121 (NTSC DV Widescreen) the Deinterlace Method: None. But I am still getting a 4x3 picture on my TV. Other DVD's I have made always plays 16:9 on my TV. Is there anyway I can go back to the New project menu to change to widescreen?
Richardmotsch

Postby Richardmotsch » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:50 am

Peru wrote:Sometimes the aspect ratio button on the player remote needs to be set to "zoom."

On my computer the preview picture doesn't fill out the screen. When I set up my new project I don't think I setup the DVD widescreen. But I have changed the properties to Template: NTSC DV widescreen 720x480, 29.970 FPS. Also, I have changed the Pixel Aspect Ratio to:1.2121 (NTSC DV Widescreen) the Deinterlace Method: None. But I am still getting a 4x3 picture on my TV. Other DVD's I have made always plays 16:9 on my TV. Is there anyway I can go back to the New project menu to change to widescreen?
Richardmotsch

Postby vkmast » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:30 pm

What is your workflow in SMSP 13 (if and) when you are making the DVD?
Do you use one of the following
- Make Movie > Burn it to a DVD > DVD > Burn DVD (check parameters) > OK
- Make Movie > Burn it to a DVD > DVD with menus > (check options) > Next
- Make Movie > Save it to my hard drive > select format MPEG-2 > Next
- Make Movie > Save it to my hard drive > select format MPEG-2 > Advanced options > Render As format MainConcept MPEG-2,
template DVD Architect NTSC Widescreen video stream > Render
(video stream first, then separately Render audio stream, format Dolby Digital AC-3 Studio, template Stereo DVD)

If you use the last one (separate video and audio renders), do you take the video stream (the audio will follow if the file names are the same except the extension) to DVD Architect Studio 5 and set the project properties accordingly (Disc format, Aspect ratio, Resolution)?
vkmast

Return to Vegas