They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Adding Plugins

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 12.

Adding Plugins

Postby sififraser » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:13 pm

Hi. I need to remove flicker caused by a neon light. I thought I should use a plugin of which there seem to be many but I can't see how to add them Pe12.
Can anyone help please?
Sifi
sififraser
New User
New User

Re: Adding Plugins

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:47 pm

I'm not sure you can install plugs in Premiere Elements 12.

Where did these plugins come from and what type are they (VST, OFX, etc.)?
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby sififraser » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:02 pm

The main one I was looking at was from Digital Anarchy and is called Flicker Free. It says it is for Pe12 but I suspect it is for After Shock.
I've tried putting a copy of the problem clip on an adjacent track and then slipping it by one frame and reducing the opacity to 50%. It kind of works but is a bit rough and ready.
Ant suggestions?
sififraser
New User
New User

Postby Bob » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:08 pm

Digital Anarchy's Flicker Free is written to run in both After Effects and Premiere Pro. The Digital Anarchy site does not say anything about Premiere Elements. Not every plugin that will run in Premiere Pro will run in Premiere Elements. It might not work.

You can try the demo plugin but remember that there are risks using a plugin not specifically designed for Elements. You can affect the stability of the program or even prevent it from running. You might want to contact Digital Anarchy and ask them whether it will run in Elements. The plugin comes packaged in an installer program which checks for the programs it supports and installs the plugin to the correct location. If the installer wasn't written to recognize Premiere Elements, you may not be able to install it. If the installer offers to let you specify a destination folder, you could try entering the location for the Elements Plugins folder C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 11\Plug-ins\. But, even if installed in the correct location, the plugin may check which program is using it and refuse to run.
Bob

Postby sififraser » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:29 am

Thanks Bob - I'll contact them first.
sififraser
New User
New User

Postby sififraser » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:57 am

Digital Anarchy say that Flicker Free should work in Pre12 but that they haven't tested it. They suggest i give the demo version a go. It will have to wait until I've finished this project in case it screws up the program.
sififraser
New User
New User

Return to PRE Version 12