They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Seek by constraints

"The Fastest Video Editing Software for Enthusiasts"

Seek by constraints

Postby mikecox » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:26 pm

In PrE I can open a clip in the clip editor; place In/Out markers on segments of the clip, then drag the segment to the Project Assets? Is there a way to do that in this editor?

I just realized that my laptop doesn't have PgUp/PgDn, or Home/End keys! So I need to keep toggling the "Seek by" icon to switch from frames, min, sec, chapters, and segments. I did discover that Alt-up/down arrows jump by a second so I can leave the "Seek by option" set on Segment and jump by a second; rather than by a frame; which is better than constantly toggling. I like PrE icon options; <| |> and T< >T.
Michael :cool:
Pr Pro, Ps and Lr CC, Canon Cameras: 60D and 70D
WIN10 Pro, Surface Book,
i7-6600U CPU@2.6GHz 2.81, 16GB RAM,475 GB SSD, 211 Free
Intel HD Graphics 520, NVIDIA GeForce GPU
mikecox
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Seek by constraints

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:07 am

You can pre-trim a clip in your Media Room before you add it to the timeline in the Content Aware Editing panel. If you hover your mouse over a clip in the media Room, you should see the Content Aware Editing option button appear lower right of the clip.

In Content Aware Editing, the program will recommend segments of your clip based on a number of quality characteristics. But you can also manually select a segment and then click the Add to: Selected button to make it into a sub-clip.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: Seek by constraints

Postby mikecox » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:54 pm

Steve Grisetti wrote:You can pre-trim a clip in your Media Room before you add it to the timeline in the Content Aware Editing panel. If you hover your mouse over a clip in the media Room, you should see the Content Aware Editing option button appear lower right of the clip.
Very impressive!
In Content Aware Editing, the program will recommend segments of your clip based on a number of quality characteristics.

yes, I did see that option; after reading about it in your book, but I'd already posted this. Also very impressive and should probably accomplish a kind of rough cut with quite satisfactory results; especially since the sensitivity can be adjusted.

But you can also manually select a segment and then click the Add to: Selected button to make it into a sub-clip.
Great! I'm checking out page 47 of you book for the details on that option.

I applied some slow motion effects last night. I seem to recall that PrE has a more sophisticated setup for that. In DP you have to cut the clip up to apply the effect just where you want it.
Michael :cool:
Pr Pro, Ps and Lr CC, Canon Cameras: 60D and 70D
WIN10 Pro, Surface Book,
i7-6600U CPU@2.6GHz 2.81, 16GB RAM,475 GB SSD, 211 Free
Intel HD Graphics 520, NVIDIA GeForce GPU
mikecox
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Return to PowerDirector Series