They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Burn to folder empty

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 12.

Burn to folder empty

Postby Di Hansen » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:29 pm

I am at a loss. I just started using PRE12 and am liking it.

I have burned hundreds of projects to a folder prior to burning to the actual disc. This evening, after completing a project in PRE12 and burning to a folder (twice) and receiving the confirmation screen, I have gone to the folder and it is empty!

I searched my hard drives for the files with no results other than the name of the empty folder. I lose socks in the black hole of my dryer, but never movie files.

Again, I am at a loss. Please advise. Thanks!
Dianna
Di Hansen

Re: Burn to folder empty

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:34 am

You'll be looking for a VIDEO_TS folder, Di. Are you at least seeing it?

Where are you saving your DVD files to? I'm sure you'll find this folder there.

Otherwise, contact me via Private Message or e-mail Steve at this web site and I have some further suggestions.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Di Hansen » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:37 am

I am not seeing the VIDEO_TS folder, Steve. I am seeing the main folder I created during the SHARE process to store the OpenDVD and Video_TS folders - However, it is empty - no OpenDVD or Video_TS folders to be found. Again, I am getting a confirmation of a successful burn to the folder.

I am saving to a 2TB Iomega HDD (255 GB free). I have used this drive for at least 3 years - burning many DVD projects to folders.I was able to save the entire project as an AVI in a folder on this drive this morning, so it is functioning for some tasks.

Noticed this:
Again, HDD has 255 GB free. After a receiving confirmation of a successful burn this morning, I look at the storage on the drive: 250 GB free - it appeared that the files were stored within the folder on the drive.

This is interesting: upon exiting PRE12, checking the folder (empty) and then looking at the main storage again, it refreshes back to 255 GB free - like the files vaporized. :)

I am trying to isolate if it is a HDD problem or a PRE12 bug. I haven' defragmented this drive in a while... Should I reinstall PRE12?

I may open PRE7 and recreate the project using the AVI I created this morning and see if I can burn it to the folder from that version.

Thanks for any advice you have to offer. :conf:

Dianna
Di Hansen

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:47 pm

Try saving your VIDEO_TS files to a folder on your C drive. Just to see what happens.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Di Hansen » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:01 pm

Will do.

I did re-install PRE 12, just in case.
Di Hansen

Postby Di Hansen » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:26 pm

Burned folder to C:, confirmation, but no files or folder to be found - nothing.

For a test, I started a new project, used one clip from the project. Burned to folder on the HDD and it is there!

Leads me to think it is project related.Your thoughts?
Dianna
P.S. I copied and pasted the DVD templates from PRE7 into the DVD template folder of PRE12 and am using one of those copied templates. Works and previews fine within the PRE12 interface. Could this be causing some crazy burn problem?
Di Hansen

Postby Dave McElderry » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:04 pm

Check to make sure that the Work Area Bar didn't accidentally get adjusted to zero time on the timeline.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby Di Hansen » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:33 pm

Thanks, Dave.

I will check the work-bar! Currently, I am burning the project in PRE7 using a single DV-AVI and burning it to a folder in my 2TB Iomega HDD to see if that works.
Di Hansen

Postby Di Hansen » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:56 pm

I was successful in burning the project to a folder using a single DV-AVI file in PRE7 - it was successfully burned to a folder in the Iomega HDD.

Would like to burn it from PRE12. Still troubleshooting.
Di Hansen

Postby Di Hansen » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:28 pm

Please advise. I am so, so close to figuring this out - but need your help!

I was able to burn the project to a folder on my said HDD, through PRE12 AFTER I REMOVED THE MENU!

After installing PRE12, I copied some DVD Menu Templates from a folder in PRE7 and pasted them into the COMMON DVD Templates folder in PRE12. I used one of the copied DVD PRE7 templates in my PRE12 project.

Probable diagnosis: I copied these templates to the wrong folder AND/OR I am not able to use these previous DVD Templates in PRE12. The PRE7 menu template is messing up my burn in PRE12 - it works in PRE7.

I really like these previous version DVD Templates. 2 questions:
1. Can I copy them into a program file for PRE12?
2. If yes, how?

Thank you!
Dianna
Di Hansen

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:12 am

You can use DVD templates from previous versions of the program in version, 12, Di, IF the template folder includes a DOWNLOADED.TXT file, as I discuss in the sticky at top of this forum. Otherwise the program will wipe it out.

But I don't think that's what's going on here, or you wouldn't see the template at all in the version 12 Movie Menu workspace.

What's happening is that the program is producing invisible files! That's so strange. I've never seen that. You are using Windows Explorer to view the files in the DVD/VIDEO_TS folder, right? And it is set to show ALL FILES?

Maybe we should find a time when I can Skype onto your computer with you and we can explore this together.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Di Hansen » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:14 pm

Interesting!

Okay. :) I did not include the DOWNLOADED.TXT file. I will follow your advice re: DVD templates per your forum sticky.

Yes. I am using Windows Explorer to view the files. Yes. It is set to show ALL FILES.

I removed the PRE7 templates from PRE12 files. Today, I will use a template included with PRE12 and try to burn the project to the folder.

A glutton for punishment, I am not ready to let this issue go, just yet! I'd really like to use and trust my outcomes in PRE12. I really appreciate its intuitive ability to work with various file formats and project settings.

Re: Skype
Yes. That would be interesting to do.

Thanks for your help!
Dianna
P.S. Most of my editing woes are caused by something I chose to do or modify. Thank you for your patience!
Di Hansen

Postby Di Hansen » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:38 pm

I am totally cognisant and lucid. Really - but also baffled.

I re-installed PRE12 using just the tools with which it came. This project will burn to a 8.5 GB folder using PRE12 when it DOES NOT possess a menu. When it possesses a menu, an empty folder is created - no Video_TS folder to be found, no OpenDVD folder to be found, either. Again, I am receiving a successful burn confirmation after each.

Upon exiting the program, at times I have received a "Clearing Media Cache.." notice before the program closes. Any significance in Windows 7 operating System? I have never seen this notice before in any version of PRE.

Thank you.
Dianna
Di Hansen

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:46 am

The automatic Clear Media Cache feature is new to version 12. It's not a bug. Just the program doing some self-maintenance.

Once again, if you ever want to Skype to onto your computer, just sent me an e-mail or private message and say when. You'll need a microphone but not a camera on your computer to do this.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Di Hansen » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:08 am

Thanks, Steve.

Yes. I would like to re-visit this subject and Skype.Thank you for your offer to do this.

I am up against deadlines now - it is on my to-do list!
Di Hansen

Next

Return to PRE Version 12