They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Recovering the password being sent to YouTube

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 10.

Recovering the password being sent to YouTube

Postby DrDtMM » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:09 am

I maintain, as a YouTube Channel (ConcordBandMa), a Performance Video Database, which consists at this point in time of about 130 videos of concert performances (by the Concord (MA) Band) of works for symphonic wind ensemble. Until last week, when I added the 10 videos from the Band's October, 2013, concert, everything was fine. By this I mean that I could upload from PE 10 and subsequently delete videos or modify their associated meta-text from within YouTube. Suddenly, I can upload videos and look at them individually or within the Channel, but I cannot use the YouTube Video Manager; I have lost control of the Channel, with respect to video deletion and meta-text modification. Furthermore, YouTube identifies the Channel in such a way that it is different from the name I use to upload videos. If I could retrieve the password that I used (and continue to use) for uploading videos to YouTube from PE10, I might be able to access the Channel from within YouTube. However, there doesn't seem to be a mechanism within PE10 for doing so (e.g., by indicating that one has forgotten one's YouTube password (previously stored within PE10) and requesting that it be sent to the user via email).

Assistance at the YouTube end is not forthcoming.

HELP!

Dan Diamond
DrDtMM
New User
New User

Re: Recovering the password being sent to YouTube

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:43 am

Ouch, Dan. I don't know any way to recover your YouTube password without getting it from YouTube.

Have you tried signing out of YouTube and then trying to sign back in? When you do, if you don't know your password, you can click the Need Help button and it will open up a page for recovering/resetting your passsword.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby DrDtMM » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:49 am

Steve,

I wish it were that simple. Although YouTube Accepts the login from "John Doe" via PE10, it no longer recognizes a "John Doe" account within YouTube. And although the channel "ConcordBandMa" is where the uploads from "John Doe" (PE10) go, It doesn't present ConcordBandMa as an account into which I can attempt to log in. This seems to be a real case of "Catch 22".

Dan
DrDtMM
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:45 am

Sorry, Dan. I'm not sure what to tell you. If YouTube won't even recognize your login, I'm not sure how you can recover your password either.

Meantime, have you done a search on YouTube to see what username your videos are listed under? Is it possible you've got a typo in your login name?
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby DrDtMM » Mon May 12, 2014 1:31 pm

YouTube now lets me login using the channel name as the user name. I used all of the account names I had until it accepted the one that owned the channel.

Dan Diamond
Executive Producer and Editor
Concord Band Performance Videos
DrDtMM
New User
New User

Return to PRE Version 10