They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Soundtrack does not save audio levels change

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 10.

Soundtrack does not save audio levels change

Postby Randy » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:54 pm

This is a new problem. I've completed a video but am not being allowed to adjust audio levels of the soundtrack; the soundtrack music remains at a default volume. I want to manually lower the soundtrack music where there is narration and also fade the music out at the ending. However, when I make the adjustments, they are not saved.

Do I have a corrupt PRE file, a corrupt sound file, or is there a way to return to the default settings I had previous to the problem?

Thanks.
Randy
Randy
New User
New User

Re: Soundtrack does not save audio levels change

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:04 am

It's hard to say without knowing more details about the method you're using to adjust your volume, Randy.

Are you trying to raise or lower the volume for an audio clip overall or are you trying to create audio keyframes to create changes at specific points? And how exactly are you going about this?

If you are trying to create keyframes, are you in Timeline mode, have you selected an audio track AND is the CTI playhead positioned over the spot in the audio track in which you want to create a keyframe? If so, the Make Keyframe button the the track header should be active and, when you click it, it should create a keyframe on the audio clip that you can raise and lower.

Hope that helps! And regardless, welcome to the Muvipix community!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 10