They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Broadcast Quality with T3i?

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 10.

Broadcast Quality with T3i?

Postby Jinx » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:23 pm

Is Premiere Elements 10 capable of broadcast quality output? The camera I am using is a Canon T3i and I ususally shoot at 1080p 30 fps, and it creates impressive footage. Can Premiere Elements 10 output equally impressive projects? If so, what output settings work the best for television/broadcast? I hope to make a spot for a friend of mine, but only if I can do it well with the hardware and software I already own. Thanks!
Jinx
New User
New User

Re: Broadcast Quality with T3i?

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:51 pm

Well, the first question is what is "broadcast quality"? That varies greatly. For instance, some TV stations won't even consider AVCHD or any consumer hi-def format.

But if you're asking if the program is capable of creating the same quality out as your Canon's 1080p DSLR footage then, yes, it can create video that's virtually indistinguishable from your original.

But I can't guarantee that's "broadcast quality" for every station in town.

And welcome to Muvipix, by the way!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chuck Engels » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:37 pm

Considering the variety of formats today you really need to contact the company or station that you will be doing the work for. Find out what format they want the video in and how they want it delivered, hard drive, flash drive, DVD, BluRay, etc.

I have been able to produce just about anything I've needed with Premiere Elements, on the rare occasions it won't then Premiere Pro will.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Jinx » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:24 pm

Thank you both - that is great news! If Premiere can match the 1080p footage from my camera it should be more than sufficient for the stations in my market. I get footage using the DSLR 1080p 24 or 30 option (depending upon the camera settings for the footage). What would be the best share settings to ensure the highest quality for television?
Jinx
New User
New User

Postby sidd finch » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:45 pm

according to Wikipedia.....

Broadcast quality is a term stemming from quad videotape to denote the quality achieved by professional video cameras and time base correctors (TBC) used for broadcast television, usually in standard definition. As the standards for commercial television broadcasts have changed from analog television using analog video to digital television using digital video, the term has generally fallen out of use.[1][2]

Manufacturers have used it to describe both professional and prosumer or "Semi-Professional" devices. A camera with the minimum requirements typically being the inclusion of three CCDs and relatively low-compression analog recording or digital recording capability with little or no chroma subsampling, and the ability to be genlocked. The advantages of three CCDs include better color definition in shadows, better overall low-light sensitivity, and reduced noise when compared to single-CCD systems. With continuing improvements in image sensors, resolution, recording media, and codecs, by 2006 the term no longer carried much weight in the marketplace.[1]

The term is also used in its literal sense in broadcasting jargon in judging the fitness of audio or video for broadcast.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Return to PRE Version 10