They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Uploading to YouTube from PE10

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 10.

Uploading to YouTube from PE10

Postby richlab » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:14 am

Dear Everyone: I like to upload edited videos directly to YouTube from PE10 because the upload goes quickly while maintaining high quality.

The problem is that I need sometimes to upload videos that are longer than 15 minutes. YouTube has a default limit of 15 minutes, but you can register a cell phone number at YouTube and get the okay to post longer videos. I have done that.

The problem is that PE10 doesn't know that I have made that arrangement with YouTube. If I try to directly upload a video that is more than 15 minutes, PE10 flashes a warning saying it is too long for the host and I must shorten the video. (PE10 doesn't even let you get to the point where you put in your user name and password for YouTube. It gives you the warning right away).

I can still upload the longer videos by saving them to a different format and then uploading them to YouTube outside of PE10, but in order to maintain the same quality at YouTube, it takes much longer to complete the upload. (I know that seems odd -- that the same video gets uploaded so much faster if it is done directly in PE10 to YouTube as opposed to saving it and uploading outside of PE10. It's almost as if YouTube and Adobe have some arrangement where videos uploaded from PE10 get fast-track priority).

Do you know how I could set PE10 so it knows that I have permission from YouTube to upload the longer files?

Thanks for your help. Richard
richlab
New User
New User

Re: Uploading to YouTube from PE10

Postby Dave McElderry » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:58 am

That limitation is going to be in the code for the program, and not something that can be adjusted, unless it's in the preferences or options somewhere that I'm not aware of (I don't think it is). I think your only option would be to submit a feature request to Adobe for future updates.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Return to PRE Version 10