They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

A clip's render doesn't hold

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 10.

A clip's render doesn't hold

Postby RichardB » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:17 pm

Hi everyone,
It's been a long time since I've posted anything; not that I know it all but just that I haven't been doing any video stuff. It's is great to be back at it and I am having such a good time trying to learn PRE 10. It is quite a jump from PRE2. I guess I am going to have to buy Steve's book.

I have come across a problem I haven't been able to solve but I am sure someone here has the answer. Here is what I have:

On video track #1 I have a color matte (created in PSE). I have key framed Opacity on each end of the clip (an extended fade in and out.) On video track #2 is Muvipix Fog Video background downloaded from this site. On this clip, I have set the Opacity at about 50% (so the color from the matte colors the fog.) The length of this clip is the same as video track #1. On video track #3 I have a title key framed to scale in from zero% to 100% from a corner to the center over a time period of about 4 seconds and then fade at the end of the clip over about 3+ seconds. The total length of this clip is less than tracks #1 & #2. Got all this visualized in your mind?

When I render, everything goes great - that is, I get the green line. But, when I save and close PRE and then re-open, the line above this series of clips is Red. The red area covers the entire length of tracks 1 & 2 so I must assume there is no problem with track #3 as that track is shorter. I searched the forum under "render" and found where this problem has occured before and may be tied to Opacity. With this in mind, I split track #2 into two clips and set the opacity on the first half to 100% (this means there are no effects or key framing on the first half.) I rendered, saved, closed, re-opened and the red line was present over both halves of the fog clip. That leads me to believe it isn't the fog clips. So, on track #1, the color matte, I split the clip and followed the same procedure as I did for track #2 except removed the opacity key frames on the first half. When I rendered, saved, closed and re-opened PRE, the red line was back for the entire length of the clip. Soooo, am I to conclude that the problem is in the Fog download. That is a .MOV file and I think they and PRE work great together. Has anyone had a problems with the background clips. By the way, I did pick SD and NTSC and I believe I am pretty current on my Quicktime updates (I think.)

Sorry if I have been too verbose but I did want you to under stand the scenario. Have a look under my signature for details on my machine and I have mucho HD space. My project settings were for MiniDV tape.

Thanks in advance,
Richard
Richard

Ironside Antec 300 w/Corsair TX650 PS, i7-2600K w/CM Hyper 212, Asus P8Z68 Deluxe Gen 3, 16GB Patriot DDR3 1600, EVGA 1GB Nvidia GTX 550 TI, WD Black 1TB (internal) HD, Win7 Home Premium 64 Bit, PSE 10, PRE 10
RichardB

Re: A clip's render doesn't hold

Postby Dave McElderry » Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:32 am

Welcome back! If I'm reading correctly, the only problem that you're experiencing is that the red line keeps returning, even after rendering. As you've discovered, this happens sometimes. I first saw this right after I first got PrEl 10 and, if memory serves, I don't believe that it's ever been resolved. Although irritating, it's not a problem in itself because it won't affect the final output. You can choose to ignore it and get on with your project, or another option is to use Share>Computer>AVI to export the offending section to a clip, then bring it back into your project to replace the original section.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby RichardB » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:53 pm

Thanks Dave. You are correct in assuming the returning red line is the only problem. It is good to hear it will not affect output. I'll just ignore the redline. The work area will be to the right of the offending clip on the timeline from now on anyhow so I won't have to put up with this clip re-rendering every time I render future work on this project (I usually render as I proceed through three or four clips.) I figured that I will just render the whole project just prior to rendering the DVD files without closing the program so the line will be green.

I'm going to go put all of my opacity levels back in now and move along with the project. I'm sure there will be other mysteries I will need help in solving so until then, thanks again.

Richard
Richard

Ironside Antec 300 w/Corsair TX650 PS, i7-2600K w/CM Hyper 212, Asus P8Z68 Deluxe Gen 3, 16GB Patriot DDR3 1600, EVGA 1GB Nvidia GTX 550 TI, WD Black 1TB (internal) HD, Win7 Home Premium 64 Bit, PSE 10, PRE 10
RichardB

Postby Peru » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:40 pm

I know that PPro and Pre El are different animals, but I solved this problem with Pre Pro CS4 with a reinstall a while back.

It may be worth a try.
Peru

Postby Dave McElderry » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:06 pm

Peru wrote:I know that PPro and Pre El are different animals, but I solved this problem with Pre Pro CS4 with a reinstall a while back.

It may be worth a try.

There's certainly no harm in trying, but I can tell you that I've installed PrEl 10 twice due to a complete HD wipe and reload a couple of months back. The problem remains for me.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby RichardB » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:00 pm

It apparently isn't that big a problem, when looking at the total picture, to warrant a reinstall yet. Now that I know it's there, I'll just ignore it and say "Oh, it's just that thing again." Maybe if I add another drive, have a problem with my current drive or a big problem with PRE that justifies doing a reinstall, I'll check then to see if the reinstall fixes this glitch.

Thanks for your idea though Peru.
Richard

RichardB

Return to PRE Version 10