They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Adobe Premier /Photoshop Elements organizer 10

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 10.

Adobe Premier /Photoshop Elements organizer 10

Postby Shipman » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:43 am

Hello all - I am new to Muvipix, new to Adobe and even new to running MAC after some 20 years of windows... After installing Adobe suite for Adobe Premier
Elements 10 and Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 together with Adobe Organizer 10, I initially did some testing as one does putting Images, AVCHD (MTS) files from my cameras
and disk files into it and checking it all out. Big learning curve but so far so good. I now want to remove these messy and somewhat disorganized test images from
the organizer and just dont seem to be able to delete these or the relevant catalog. I want to start again with a clean slate, wipe all and then re-import all the images
and files I want to place there.
I have looked for several hours through topics and help files but either I have missed something or doing something wrong. Surely there must be a way to clean
everything out and start again ? However my thumbnail images seem to stubbornly remain in Organizer, albeit saying the files are missing... Adobe's help says:

"To delete all photos from a version set including the original photo, choose Edit > Delete From Catalog. In the Confirm Deletion From Catalog dialog box, select
the Delete All Items In Collapsed Version Sets option." .....

Hmm.. tried that but cant fathom what is meant by 'version set'. I want to delete everthing to a clean slate and start afresh. Sorry to ask this perhaps dumb question
but if anyone could tell me how to delete all in Organizer so I can start again it would be greatly appreciated
Many thanks / Shipman
Shipman
New User
New User

Re: Adobe Premier /Photoshop Elements organizer 10

Postby Gerlinde » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:29 am

Hi Shipman, welcome to Muvipix!
I'm not familiar with the Mac version of the Organizer, but I assume it will be pretty much the same as the Windows version. The easiest way to start over with a blank slate would be to create a new Catalog. Look under >File> Catalog.... A new window should open and give you the option to create a new Catalog.

Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
A) i7-3930K 3.2GHz (3.8GHz Turbo), 32GB DDR3-1600, SSD 256GB, 2x1TB+2x2TB Seagate Barracuda (72krpm), Geforce GTX 550 Ti (1GB), Win10 Pro 64-bit
B) Sony Vaio i7-3632QM,12gb DDR3-1333MHz, GeForce® GT 640M LE (2GB), 750GB (7200rpm), Win10 Pro64-bit
Gerlinde

Postby Shipman » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:00 am

Hello Gpecht,

Thank you for so kindly taking the time and making the effort to point this out for me. Much appreciated. I will start from here. One of my problems is that I am used to keep all my images organized on my Windows hard Disk and on on this Imac when they are imported either into Iphoto or ADobe PS elements they seems to get in ok but not so easy to simply copy them out anymore as I was used to. Anyway i'll take it from here - Thanks again your quick pointer and time/effort to help me out. Cheers
Shipman
Shipman
New User
New User

Postby Gerlinde » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:31 pm

You are very welcome, Shipman. :-D
Don't hesitate to come back and ask more questions should you run in any more trouble. We are happy to help.

There is also a great site dedicated to Photoshop Elements: http://www.photoshopelementsuser.com/
It's not free, but a great investment. I learned everything I ever wanted to know about PS Elements there.
A) i7-3930K 3.2GHz (3.8GHz Turbo), 32GB DDR3-1600, SSD 256GB, 2x1TB+2x2TB Seagate Barracuda (72krpm), Geforce GTX 550 Ti (1GB), Win10 Pro 64-bit
B) Sony Vaio i7-3632QM,12gb DDR3-1333MHz, GeForce® GT 640M LE (2GB), 750GB (7200rpm), Win10 Pro64-bit
Gerlinde

Postby George Tyndall » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:59 pm

Shipman wrote: I now want to remove these messy and somewhat disorganized test images from
the organizer and just dont seem to be able to delete these or the relevant catalog. I want to start again with a clean slate, wipe all and then re-import all the images
and files I want to place there.

I use 7 rather than 10 with a PC rather than a Mac, but the procedure should be the same: Simply go to Display>Thumbnail View then Edit>Select All then Edit>Delete Selected Items from Catalog
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby George Tyndall » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:15 pm

gpecht wrote:There is also a great site dedicated to Photoshop Elements: http://www.photoshopelementsuser.com/
It's not free, but a great investment. I learned everything I ever wanted to know about PS Elements there.

I'll always remember the day you clued me into that fabulous site.Prior to that day I had only "scratched the surface" of the awesome capabilities of PSE.

For a quick overview of PSE10's capabilities, there's a 2-hour course on the site of muvipix affiliate lynda.com; for lots more-details, threre's also an 11-hour course, both presented by Jan Kabili, the Stanford Law Graduate turned "senior trainer and evangelist" at lynda.com.

Both courses allow one to download the practice files that Jan uses for her demonstratons, so it's in actuality "learning by doing."

:tup:
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to PRE Version 10