They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

DVD Templates

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 10.

DVD Templates

Postby EdBrenda » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:47 pm

I was wanting to find a DVD template that is very simple but I want the font center justified and the play button to be very small. I can do lots of changes but there seems to be something I don't like in all templates. I would like to make my own. What do you suggest. I have ordered the two Premiere Elements 10 books done by Muvipix.

Also I was making the slide shows in DV standard format but maybe I need to change for todays TV's and DVD Players. Any suggestions.
EdBrenda
New User
New User

Re: DVD Templates

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:29 pm

One of the best ways to create you own DVD Templates is to use another program.
Many folks here like Sony's DVD Architect, you can make a lot of changes and the price is very reasonable.
Plus you have lots of people to help you when you need them, right here.

Adobe Encore DVD is another option but a bit more expensive. I think Encore provides more features and along with Photoshop will let you do just about anything you could think of.

If you have Photoshop you can make just about any change you might want to make to existing Premiere elements templates. Photoshop Elements will allow you to make some adjustments and changes to existing templates as well, just not as detailed like adding buttons or changing the look of the buttons and their action.

I guess it depends on how much or little you want to do. Overall, I recommend going to another program for your DVD Menus and DVD Architect is an excellent choice. Steve even has books for that program too !!
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:31 pm

The Muvipix combined Photoshop Elements/Premiere Elements book shows you the basics of creating your own DVD template. But it's not easy -- and I've ended up helping several folks troubleshoot theirs.

Many of the things can be done right in Premiere Elements' Disc Layout workspace. You can swap in a new background, change the fonts and font colors, change the locations and sizes of links and buttons.

But, as Chuck says, if you really want to do some customization, I highly recommend you do your video editing in one program and your DVD authoring in another. I'm a big fan of DVD Architect Studio -- a mere $39 download.

If you'd like to see how easy it is to use, go out to our home page and type DVD Architect in the product search box. The Basic Training tutorials will demonstrate just how easy and intuitive it is! (And, as a Premiere subscriber, you can enjoy some of our more advanced tutorials for it for free!)
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby EdBrenda » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:45 pm

Steve and Chuck,

Thank you! Thank You!

I will definitely try out and purchase DVD Architect Studio.
Brenda
EdBrenda
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:53 am

Best $39 I ever spent! You won't regret the decision, Brenda.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Peru » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:04 am

Chuck Engels wrote:Many folks here like Sony's DVD Architect, you can make a lot of changes and the price is very reasonable.
Plus you have lots of people to help you when you need them, right here.

...and Steve's book on DVDAS and the tutorials here:
http://www.muvipix.com/products.php?subcat_id=44

Adobe Encore DVD is another option but a bit more expensive.

But it's only available if you purchase PPro- it's not available separately.

Overall, I recommend going to another program for your DVD Menus and DVD Architect is an excellent choice. Steve even has books for that program too !!

I agree. I have Encore, but still prefer DVDAS for it's simplicity.
Peru

Return to PRE Version 10