They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Blue line attached to cti

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 10.

Blue line attached to cti

Postby Stacey » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:53 am

Suddenly there is this blue line attached to the right side of my cti that stays with it where ever it goes. Work is rendered. What is this about? Also had a portion of audio starting to sound weird now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stacey
New User
New User

Re: Blue line attached to cti

Postby Chuck Engels » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:38 am

Think I remember the blue line being something that was leftover from Premiere Pro that somehow shows up in Elements sometimes. Can't remember how or why though. Don't think it has anything to do with the audio however, might just be a coincidence.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Dave McElderry » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:45 am

When you increase the zoom far enough, each tick on the timeline will represent an individual video frame. When this is happening you'll see the blue line, which represents the duration of one frame. As you zoom out you'll reach a point where each tick on the timeline represents more than one frame and the blue line will disappear.

So the sound issue is has nothing to do with the blue line. Could you describe it in more detail? I might even recommend starting a separate topic for the sound problem.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby Stacey » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:24 pm

Thank you very much for the info about the line! I appreciate it. Regarding the sound- in a couple spots where two clips are joined, the first of the two makes a digitized skipping sound right at the very end before the connecting point. I didn't know if it was too small of a problem to post a new topic.
Stacey
New User
New User

Postby Dave McElderry » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:12 pm

It almost sounds as if you were doing some cutting at the end of the clip and accidently removed a short piece. You might try zooming in very closely on the audio portion and seeing if there's an unwanted cut there. If so, you can just select and delete the bit that's orphaned and then drag the end of the audio clip out to where you want it to be. You can do this because when you cut a clip you never really destroy or delete the original. Even if that's not the exact problem, try zooming in to see if you can find anything out of the ordinary with the clip.

If this is not the problem I'd recommend starting a new topic. There's really no topic too small. Even the smallest problems are important if things aren't working the way they ought to.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby Bob » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:30 pm

It's always best to place different problems in separate topics. It helps others who are searching for something similar to what they are experiencing. If you are looking for audio, you probably would look twice at a topic about the cti, for example.

As for your audio issue, are you placing a transition between the two clips? If you are, did you trim off ends of the clip to provide sufficient material for the transition to use?
Bob

Postby Stacey » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:15 pm

Tried looking for unused cuts, but none there. Also, no transition is used. Thank you for the ideas- I will make a new post. This is such a great forum, especially for someone like me just getting started- really appreciate the help!
Stacey
New User
New User

Postby Peru » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:31 pm

Try cutting a frame or two off the end of the first one and/or the start of the next one.
Peru

Return to PRE Version 10