They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Another DVD Templates Problem!!

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 10.

Another DVD Templates Problem!!

Postby Little Nac » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:27 pm

Hi Guys.
I now have another DVD Template problem. It has happened to me now three times. I have downloaded all the "Extra Content" from the Adobe site and installed all the DVD Templates, including the Muvipix ones.
I go into a Project and they are all there and seem to work fine. Each time I open a Project I check them and they are all still there. Then all of a sudden a couple of days later, I go in again and they are all missing, even the Muvipix ones that I installed. The only one remaining is the "Fun" one. The first time I noticed it I assumed I had not installed them, even though deep down I know I did. So it has now happened three times. I can go into the Folder on my "C" Drive and they are all there. When I try to re-install them, it tells me they are already installed and it will remove them. It does this and they are gone from the Folder. I then re-install them and they are back in Adobe, and running fine. Then in a couple of days, they are all gone again.
Any suggestions?
L.N. :pull:
If you are faced with a forced landing at night, switch on the landing lights, if you don't like what you see, switch them back off.
Little Nac
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Another DVD Templates Problem!!

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:11 am

Sounds like an operating system issue. So a lot depends on which operating system you're running and if it's the 64-bit or 32-bit version of the program and if there are other issues unique to your system -- like a disc partition or dual-boot system.

It's certainly not a problem I've ever experienced on my XP, Mac or Windows 7 64-bit!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Little Nac » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:56 pm

Hi Steve

Yes I did wonder if it had anything to do with my operating system, this particular machine I am using at the moment is not the greatest for
HD editing, but still to a degree cannot figure out why I would be getting this particular problem. I must admit 10 has been very stable working with my HD project
which is a bout 50 mins. long at this stage, certainly have not had any problems with crashing etc. I expected it to be a bit sluggish, but to wipe out the menu templates
for no reason even though they are still on the HD drive where they should be has me stumped.
Yes I am running Win 7 64 bit, not a dual-boot system. I have 2 (500) gb hard drives, the first one I admit is partitioned to C/D/E/F, but the Adobe program and
templates etc are on the the C: Drive along with all other programs. My scratch files for PE are on my other 500gb drive, which is preserved for my projects entirely.
I realise you will probably say the partition is old hat, but I have found this idea works well for me. I certainly always keep any programs on the C: drive, the other
couple are for music, and other various things. Why this is all of sudden happening with 10, and has never happened with 7, has me lost.
I have not had a chance to try 10 out on my i7 as yet. So cannot say for sure if it is this particular system and why?

Just a little extra note, yesterday I even went the extra mile and decided to re-download the extra contents from the site, thinking there may have been a
corruption on my original download, and have just gone into 10 and at this stage are there, but that has been ok before, then another time they disappear. I even
wondered just now if the autumn template could have been causing the problem, but as my wife just pointed out to me, this happened even before I had
installed the Muvipix templates just after formatting my drive a little before Xmas, so I must admit this has me definitely stumped.
Any further thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
LN :???:
If you are faced with a forced landing at night, switch on the landing lights, if you don't like what you see, switch them back off.
Little Nac
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:07 pm

Have you run a Deep Care with Advanced System Care Free? It does better at fixing mystery problems than any other program I've found!

http://www.iobit.com/advancedsystemcareper.html
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Little Nac » Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:24 pm

Hi Steve,

Yes have run System Care over it, I often do.
Actually since I went that extra mile and re-downloaded the contents from the site, so far it
seems to be up and running. Hopefully that may have fixed it. Here's hoping, will let you know any further developments.
Cheers
L.N. :run:
Little Nac
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Clive » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:22 am

Hi Little Nac, I have experienced exactly the same problem with the Contents dissapearing as you described, along with the support guys at Adobe it turns out its Tune up Utilities (in my case) deleting things it shouldn't!! my solution was to install the contents then run Tune up Utilities (the one click solution) it will then give you a list of "files" it was going to delete, click on anything with PRE10 in it, right click and choose to ignore, worked for me so I thought I would share just in case it helps, it drove me up the wall aswell, regards Clive
Clive
New User
New User

Postby Chuck Engels » Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:08 pm

Welcome to Muvipix Clive :wcm:

Thanks for the great tip and for sharing that with us, sounds very logical to me that it could be the cause of the problems :TU:
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Little Nac » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:56 pm

Hi Guys.
Thought I would verify Clive's thoughts on Tune-up Utilities and the missing Templates in PE10. He was correct in his knowledge. I was also running Tune-up and found that to be the problem. Put a "tick" in the box and now no problems. These kind of things never cease to amaze me!
Thanks Clive
L.N. :tup:
Little Nac
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:32 am

Awesome work Clive, you win the super hero of the day award :SS:
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 10