They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Downloading and Installing PSE/PRE10 Bundle

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 10.

Downloading and Installing PSE/PRE10 Bundle

Postby rusty » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:49 pm

Hi folks,

Basic questons - I have purchased the Version 10 bundle from the Adobe site and it is ready to download. The downloader software is asking me to specify where to install the files for PSE 10, and no doubt will ask the same thing when I get to PRE 10 too. All of my applications are on my C drive and I figure the PSE and PRE 10 ought to go in the Programs or Programs(x86) folder (I'm running Windeows 7 64 bit on a Quad core machine). There are folders in the x86 folder for versions 7 and 9, so that appears to be correct. Am I right?
Russ
rusty
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Downloading and Installing PSE/PRE10 Bundle

Postby roadsideron » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:03 pm

If you're talking about the initial download I'd save it to my desktop. Then after the download you'll have to install the program and I would just accept the default locations for that.
roadsideron
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Bob » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:18 pm

The downloader needs to know where to place the downloaded file. That can be the desktop or the download folder or some other place you want. If you are given the option of running or saving the file, i'd recommend saving it. Then, after you know the file download completely, run it from where you saved it.

As for the applications themselves, on Windows 7 64-bit, 32-bit programs go into the "Program Files(x86)" folder and 64-bit programs go into the "Program Files" folder. The installer should provide a default installation location on the C drive that is correct for the version of the application you are installing. You shouldn't have to change unless you have some reason for installing it somewhere other than the default. It's generally a good idea to install in the default location.

Photoshop Elements 10 is a 32-bit application and will end up in "Program Files(x86)". Premiere Elements 10 has a 32-bit version and a 64-bit version. The 64-bit version will end up in "Program Files". I haven't installed Premiere Elements 10, so I don't know whether the installer will offer you the choice of the 32-bit or 64-bit version.
Bob

Postby rusty » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:10 pm

Thanks very much Bob. As usual, so clearly explained that a child could understand it (which is what I need!).
:TU:
Cheers,
Russ
rusty
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Return to PRE Version 10