They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

upgrade price for V10

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 10.

upgrade price for V10

Postby AVITRY » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:16 am

Hi all. I see an upgrade price listed on Amazon for the vers. 10 of PE. I was trying to see what qualified for this activation. (I'm assuming that is what would happen after install, ask for prior product number?)

Does vers. 2 qualify for the upgrade price?

Also, quite a while ago, I bought vers. 3 on Ebay new and sealed but when I got it, it said "backup media" I'm guessing the person who sold it, bought some kind of computer system, and this was included, but they didn't do any video editing, so they sold it on ebay. I assume this should qualify as well, but I'm not sure.

Also, are there two versions of version 10? 32 and 64 bit?

thank you.
ASRock Z68 Extreme 4 Gen/3 motherboard. Core i7 2600 and 16 gigs of ddr3. SSD Crucial boot drive, GTX750 Ti video card. Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
AVITRY
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: upgrade price for V10

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:05 am

There a THREE versions of version 10, Joe: 32-bit PC, Windows 7 64-bit and Mac OSX. But all three come in the same box, along with notes on which discs to use for your installation.

As for qualifying for the "upgrade" price, that may be worth a call to Adobe's customer service. As I'm sure you know, even if you buy the "upgrade" you actually get the entire program. It's just a special price for registered Adobe users.

Meantime, watch for specials and rebates on Amazon.com. Sometimes you can find the program even cheaper than the upgrade price!

As for the program you bought on eBay, yes, that sounds like backup files for a copy of the program that was bundled with a computer. It may or may not work on your machine. But I wouldn't worry too much about it. Adobe is as likely to "upgrade" version 2 as version 3. Assuming you've registered it online with your Adobe ID.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby RJ Johnston » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:13 pm

According to Adobe Store, even version 1 qualifies for the upgrade price.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Dave McElderry » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:16 pm

Best price I've seen for the bundle is $113.99 at Amazon. Looking for some good pricing over the next week or so. If not I'll probably let it go for now.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Return to PRE Version 10