They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

"Bonus Features/Main Menu" in DVD Template

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 10.

"Bonus Features/Main Menu" in DVD Template

Postby Deuce3 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:53 pm

I have searched your Guide, PE Help and the Adobe website but can not find anything on how to add Bonus Features or Main Menu buttons in a video. As you know, most templates include Play, Scene Selection, Main Menu and Bonus Features. How do I add these options?
Deuce3
New User
New User

Re: "Bonus Features/Main Menu" in DVD Template

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:18 am

Hi Deuce,
In most cases if you want to move beyond the basic DVD menus it is best to go to another product like DVD Architect. If you want to add additional buttons to the Main Menu you need to add Main Menu Markers. To add a Scene Selection you need to add Chapter Markers.

Here are two free tutorials that will help
http://muvipix.com/products.php?searchp ... 18&btn.y=7
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: "Bonus Features/Main Menu" in DVD Template

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:13 am

Meantime, there are some templates that do include a Bonus Features or Extras link. (We also offer a number of additional disc templates here on our site.)

To create a link from these to a place on your video, just add a Main Menu marker and name that marker the same name as the link on the template.

In Premiere Elements, you must have all of the elements of your disc on the same timeline -- your main video and your bonus features. You just use Stop Markers to separate them and make them appear to be separate movies.

That's why a lot of people are supplementing Premiere Elements with a dedicated disc authoring system like DVD Architect Studio (a $39 download from Sony Creative software). With it, you can create almost any disc structure you can imagine! To see a demo of it, check out the tutorials at http://Muvipix.com/dvdas5.php
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 10